I Have Friends That Eat Rice and Beans

There are many gems in the history of Sean Hannity quotes, but this may be the best of the best. A diamond in the rough.

I can’t stop laughing at this.

Hannity: 47 million Americans are in poverty.

Caller: There you go. There’s 47 [million Americans] that are going to bed hungry.

Hannity: No that does not mean they’re going to bed hungry. If you look at some of the poorest people in the country. I went through these stats last week. Most people have refrigerators, and freezers, and air conditioners, and televisions, and DVRs or DvDs, or something, and stereos and cars. They just don’t have the best and the latest and they don’t live in the nicest neighborhood.

Most Americans even in poverty have a basic level of living, a standard of living, that is decent. It’s not great. It’s not ideal. It’s not where we want people to be. I believe that people can work their way out of it.

But this idea that Americans are going to bed hungry, do know how much for example, do you ever go shopping? I go shopping sometimes. I hate it but I do it. Do you ever go?

Caller:

Hannity: You can get things, for example, I have friends of mine that eat rice and beans all the time. Beans protein. Rice inexpensive. You can make a big pot of this for a week for relatively negligible amounts of money.

The 47 million Americans that live in poverty couldn’t possibly be going to bed hungry because they have refrigerators and stereos. And even if you’re among the “poorest people in the country” you can live decently by eating rice and beans three times a day for a week.

Sean Hannity knows this because he has poor friends that eat rice and beans. You know, just like he has a black friend or two.

You also have to marvel at the fact that Hannity seemingly doesn’t realize that poor people don’t have the luxury of not going shopping. They can’t order takeout, order delivery, or dine out for every meal. Most middle-class families can’t afford to do that either.

It’s snowing! In Winter! Where’s the global warming!? -Sean Hannity

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Well, it could have been worse. When I first read the headline, I thought it was Hannity was trying to say he has Hispanic friends.

    That’s about the level I expect from Hannity.

    • pgeorge

      That was my first thought, too.

  • mrbrink

    In the conservative hive mind, $300 dollars worth of used appliances should nullify complaints about depressed wages, lack of opportunity, limited economic mobility, loss of benefits, cuts to healthcare and education, and if the corporate sector looting government treasuries and running off with all the growth in national wealth is a problem for you, you must hate success, while a three day old plate of rice and beans are best served with fuck-you-pie.

  • Claude Weaver

    For people who love to villify Hollywood, doesn’t it seem that guys like Hannity really do indulge themselves in this movieland fantasy version of reality where being poor means begging for money on the street* and any yahoo with a gun can and should be able to save the day Die Hard-style?

    *Ironically, there are street beggars who make five to six figure incomes solely on that. You stake the right spot and have have a good approach, you can pull a 40-hour wage in half that.

    • pgeorge

      I guess in Hannity-world, anyone that isn’t on the streets with a begging bowl and a loincloth isn’t “truly poor” and those that are properly dressed for begging are only using it as a cover for their lucrative enterprise.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Isn’t it time we drop the notion that Sean Hannity is some kind of left wing mole? No mole could come up with a scenario like that if they tried real hard.

    • Arguman

      You must mean “isn’t it time I” because of all my years reading da blogs I have never heard of that “notion”

      • Victor_the_Crab

        That was from a recent podcast where Bob and Chez were discussing who the mole at Fox News might have been, and they thought up Hannity. There were rumors in the past that Hannity is a Democrat who doesn’t believe the shit that comes out of his mouth.

  • Draxiar

    As true today as it ever was. Mel Brooks, you’re a genius.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e0BV6ftXEk

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_PV5DBDIKXFCTWDOKXCDWNHJU2A Fabian

    That reminds me of something…

    Ah, yes: http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t91089.html

  • moelarryandjesus

    If they raffled off a chance to beat Sean Hannity with a bicycle chain I’d buy 100 tickets.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I’d prefer brass knuckles to his smug, smarmy face.

  • pgeorge

    I keep wondering, when Hannity goes to bed at night – what does he think about HIMSELF? Does he actually believe anything that comes out of his own mouth? Does he even think about anything that comes out of his own mouth? Put another way, is he truly stupid or just pure evil?