Is This It?

The Republicans have gone from denying that a War on Women exists, with RNC chairman Reince Priebus calling it “a fiction,” to now finally admitting there is a War on Women.

The only catch is they aren’t the ones waging the war. It’s actually the work of that darn Obama.

On Tuesday, Romney surrogate Bay Buchanan, former treasurer to President Reagan, pushed back aggressively in a call with reporters, suggesting that the “real war on women” is reflective in President Obama’s handling of the economy. The impacts of his policies, she said, have been “frightening,” “unsettling” and “an outrage.”

“It’s clear his policies have failed women miserably,” Buchanan said. “It has set women in the workplace back 20 years and we certainly can’t afford it, nor can the children of these women, afford to continue in this direction.”

Right. And in the alternate universe Bay Buchanan resides in, Democrats are the ones producing abortion bills, birth control bans, repealing equal-pay laws, mandating ultrasounds, and calling people sluts.

The Republicans clearly have no credible response to this. If they did, we would have seen it by now. The only response they have is to project onto others, and that’s not going to work.

To assume this strategy will work is just another insult to women.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in War On Women and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    Yes! And wasn’t it George W. Bush who signed the Lily Ledbetter Act? OF COURSE IT WAS!

    • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

      Watch, one day they’ll credit him with repealing DADT.

    • D_C_Wilson

      But it was Obama who signed the Wall Street bailout!

  • Imagin ista

    Rmoney’s entire strategy seems to consist of I-Know-You-Are-But-What-Am-I. He’s not particularly good at the projection game, a staple of Republican politics.

  • Clancy

    Obama’s real problem, of course, is his war on men. According to Fox, the real silver lining for the GOP is that Obama can’t seem to close the gap with men: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/09/other-gender-gap-obama-struggles-to-draw-in-male-voters/

    (Of course, leave it to Fox to get most of the details in the story wrong, including the unemployment data.)

  • agrazingmoose

    I’m too busy baking cookies to try to understand.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Shorter buchanan: “No, you!”

  • http://twitter.com/rodeodance dora wiilliams

    Classic psychological Projection from the TeaGOP. Nothing new here folks.

  • http://twitter.com/rodeodance dora wiilliams

    Old Alchemist ‏ @WhizChem
    RT @ACLULW: Another poll confirms the obvious: #waronwomen not good for @MittRomney http://abcn.ws/Iui6Dr

    Romney Solidifies GOP Position but Obama Gets Boost From Women

  • incredulous72

    Isn’t she Pat’s baby sister? Who gives a rat’s ass what she thinks/says?!

    Batshit crazy runs in their DNA.

  • http://twitter.com/essar1 Get Bent

    Dems are missing a great opportunity to link the GOP’s War on Women to their terrible handling of the economy and obstructionism, especially at the state level – all those state layoffs in the social services sectors, teaching, etc. disproportionally have impacted woman.