It’s All in Your Heads!

According to RNC Chairman Reince Preibus, who is still angry his parents chose to give him that name, there is no “War on Women.” It’s just a figment of our imagination.

According to him, there’s been no bills to criminalize miscarriages, no bills to ban birth-control and contraception, no bills to criminalize being a single mother, no bills to require a husband’s permission to get an abortion or to file for divorce, no bills to mandate trans-vaginal ultrasounds, no bills labeling you as pregnant before you’re actually pregnant, no bills to outlaw abortion, no attempts to destroy Planned Parenthood, and certainly no judges forcing women to go to dinner with their abusive husbands.

I could go on, but I’ll just let Reince get to it.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus was on a rhetorical roll Thursday. In an interview with Bloomberg TV set to air this weekend, Priebus said the so-called “war on women” is a Democratic fabrication perpetuated by the media, as frivolous as a “war on caterpillars.”

“Well, for one thing, if the Democrats said we had a war on caterpillars, and every mainstream media outlet talked about the fact that Republicans have a war on caterpillars, then we have problems with caterpillars,” Priebus said. “The fact of the matter is it’s a fiction,” Priebus continued, and it started as a “war against the Vatican.”

If this is how the Republicans want to play it. If they want to pretend it isn’t happening. That’s fine. I encourage them. Because women are far more perceptive and intelligent than Reince Preibus and the Republican party believe they are. They know better. We all know better.

When the gender gap between Democrats and Republicans among women widens to the point that it rivals the racial gap among Latino voters, which is currently hovering around 55 percent, then will they acknowledge the problem?

Probably not. They’ll keep digging, just as they have among Latino voters and virtually every other demographic group that isn’t rich, white, and male.

Oh as we say around here — Keep going! You’re doing great!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in War On Women and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    LEAVE THE CATERPILLARS ALONE!!!

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    WHY DOES REINCE THE PREIBUS HATE CATERPILLARS?

  • RickInSaltLake

    Nothing to see here. Please disperse and move on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSjK2Oqrgic
    Right.

  • Username1016

    We call that gaslighting, and it really ticks women off.

    Who the fuck does this dick think he’s fucking kidding???

    God, I hate the damn Republicans! They’ll find out at the ballot box this time.

    • MrDHalen

      I hope so Nicole, because it makes me sick to my stomach that these asshats can still get female votes. Men, who I believe are in the minority in this country, should not be able to get away with this shit in a democracy!

      • MiddleMittenLiberal

        Unfortunately, I think they will try and steal the election (just like 2000 and 2004). I hope not…..

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_IXXZYGVDXUE5LTKXFAKHGN237U jimbo123

    Sooo… you’re threatening to stick that there shaming wand into a GRUB, sonny boy? You’re defending the rights of employers to exclude reproductive services from the insurance policies of those of their employees who belong to the ORDER of LEPIDOPTERA? Lucky for you bugs don’t vote.

    WOMEN, on the other hand….

  • muselet

    Shorter Reince Preibus:

    “Who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?”
    (actually Chico Marx, Duck Soup)

    –alopecia

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

    There is no war on women, but there is a war on the Vatican?

    I sure as hell did not support the so-called preventive war on Iraq, but a bombing campaign on the Vatican might be argued as self defense.

    /snark