It's Too Late for Doocy to Clarify Anything

By now I’m sure you’re aware that Steve Doocy added extra words to a quote from President Obama: “Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth.” Doocy added the “unlike some people” in order to make it seem as if the president was aiming the line at Mitt Romney. He wasn’t.

So Doocy evidently clarified the remark this morning, but it’s too damn late. The fabrication is already out there and people who love, love, love Fox & Friends already believe the president was talking about super-rich Mitt Romney. This is how Fox News operates. They fabricate quotes and selectively edit video, then, when it’s too late, they issue a half-hearted clarification.

What’s that Mark Twain quote? A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes? The Fox News Channel slogan.

And Election 2012 gets more stupid by the day — and FNC is right in the middle of it.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/Satur9 SaturNine

    Breaking: Fox News issues correction of statement calling Steve Douchey a “journalist.”

  • http://www.rawstory.com/rs/category/angry-black-lady/ Ian Boudreau

    The Fox News slogan should be, “‘Fox is where I get all my Fair and Balanced News.’ — Mark Twain.”

    • Ned F

      I’ve figured out that what they meant by fair is, there’s good, better, and best, and then there’s “fair”.

    Colbert was on *fire* last night, most especially dealing with “Unlike some people”.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Word! He really pimpsmacked Doocy for his out and out lying. The handjobs at a bus station line should go viral, the way Dan Savage made Santorum a frothy Google definition.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Fox News. We bullshit, you accept it!

  • moelarryandjesus

    Wow, Steve Doocy gives out handjobs at bus stations?

    Does Larry Craig know about this?

  • ArrogantDemon

    I dont blame the scorpion for being a scorpion, I blame the wolf for trusting it and giving it travel across the river

    Douche-y should have been fact checked before it went on a major publication, but these “journalist” have gotten lazier and lazier as time go by, and they wonder why teh printed word is worth as much as a roll of toilet paper