Quote of the Morning

“I think it’s that program, just updated.” Alexandra Franceschi, Specialty Media Press Secretary of the Republican National Committee

Francheschi was responding to a question about whether the RNC economic platform would essentially be the George W. Bush economic platform.

If voters elect Mitt Romney, we’re seriously effing doomed.

  • i_a_c

    So… massive tax cuts for the rich and increasing spending? Privatize Social Security? Does Romney want to start any wars?

    They say a political gaffe is when you unintentionally tell the truth.
    RMoney will be Bush 2.0.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Well, there’s Iran for starters.

      • i_a_c

        I’m pretty sure RMoney opposes a timeline for Afghanistan withdrawal, too.

  • Ipecac

    I can’t even imagine what a crapstorm will come down if Romney is elected and Republicans take both houses of Congress. If Republicans hold either house we’re sentenced to four years of virtually no progress but what the President can do as Executive, but at least we won’t be totally doomed.

    I hate to Godwin this, but I really feel like there must have been a similar sense of helplessness and disbelief among the rational and reasonable people in the Weimar Republic during the first couple of years of the nineteen-thirties.

    • Guest

      Fascism just never goes out of style, does it.

    • http://twitter.com/Chernynkaya Chernynkaya

      I was just feeling the exact same thing: A large percentage of America is alien to me–as if I lived in Nazi Germany or under the rule of the Taliban. I not only have zero common ground with them, I actively despise them. It’s a terrible feeling.

        I feel exactly the same way, Cher. It makes me physically ill sometimes.

        • villemar

          It’s maddening to think that a good 1/3rd of the country has literally broken off and forged ahead with a completely separate reality of their own design. It’s not even a good or fun separate reality; it’s a reality of paranoia, anger, doom, misery, hate, bile, and venom. Why would anyone willfully choose to live in that reality?

            “Why would anyone willfully choose to live in that reality?”

            I don’t know, Villemar, but I suspect that many of them don’t understand that there is a better alternative. I think we can thank Rupert Murdoch for that.

          • villemar

            I think they are addicted to Outrage Porn and have to stimulate their amygdala at all times.