Quote of the Morning

“Shame on Barack Obama for diminishing the memory of September 11th and the killing of Osama bin Laden by turning it into a cheap political attack ad. This is the same President who once criticized Hillary Clinton for invoking bin Laden ‘to score political points.’

“This is the same President who said, after bin Laden was dead, that we shouldn’t ‘spike the ball’ after the touchdown. And now Barack Obama is not only trying to score political points by invoking Osama bin Laden, he is doing a shameless end-zone dance to help himself get reelected.

“No one disputes that the President deserves credit for ordering the raid, but to politicize it in this way is the height of hypocrisy.” Senator John McCain

Wow.

Funny, I don’t remember McCain condemning the Bush/Giuliani/Republican exploitation of 9/11 as a means to illegally invade and occupy Iraq or to use 9/11 imagery in a 2008 pro-McCain TV commercial. Hell, McCain’s party exploited everything 9/11-related for eight years and McCain’s former running mate invoked terrorism more times than we can accurately count.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    That’s good coming from Mr. “I know how to get Bin Laden” (and if you vote for me, I’ll tell you).

  • http://twitter.com/Eykis Eykis

    McLoser, go to hell, retire now, you sad, pathetic old man.

  • Ipecac

    But, but . . . no President in history (let alone other politicians) has ever publicized anything! Don’t you remember all the other Presidents never mentioning their policy successes when they ran for reelection?

    Oh, except Reagan. He did invent “morning” and was completely justified in reminding us of that awesome achievement in his commercials.

  • JackDaniel07

    “John McCain says…”

  • Guest
  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_2ZISQXNG2GSOKJYN7MKEDYRA5I Hal123

    This coming from the man who had a secret plan to get bin laden, but only if he was elected.

    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/01/27/mccains-secret-plan-to-capture-bin-laden/

  • http://twitter.com/Nanotyrnns Gearóid O’Tuathal

    John McCain, rotting old ruin, wants everybody to remember he’s still around and has stupid shit to say.

    An open letter to John McCain:

    Dear Senator McCain,
    Go fuck yourself.

    Sincerely,
    M. Norris

  • LK3

    I think perhaps”Dick Quote of the Day” is more fitting.
    Every time he opens his old foolish mouth all I can think is how he hoisted Palin and her ignorant brand of know nothingness on us.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    The more I watch the Sunday shows, and the more I watch Republican politics (irrespective of the increasingly blurred line between them), the more I get the feeling that Republicans and their surrogates are engaged in some sort of performance art; a new variety of improv, if you will. I don’t know if it’s my own partisan bias or theatrical experience talking. But when Republicans go on TV and get interviewed, or participate in debates, what I see them doing is not engaging in conversation with the interviewer or with the other debaters/panelists. What I see is akin to improv, i.e. improvisational theatre; no script, per se, but a selection of things the actor wants to say and points the actor wants to hit.

    I’m sure Democrats do this too, but they’re not nearly as skilled or accomplished in it as Republicans.

  • mrbrink

    McCain Translation: This divisive rhetoric from the president saddens the Republican party’s talking points and foreign policy confidence.

    I just got off the phone with the job creators and the old Confederacy, and they say this is all bad for corporate looters and white power nationalism.

    The Republican party spent decades building up the Bin Laden economy until president Obama comes along with his usurping-pin and now it just feels like more wasteful spending, doesn’t it?

    And the president promised not dance in the end zone, tarnishing the nation’s memory of all those gloriously incompetent times that the Republican party had running the other way with the football, where they opposite-end zone danced through several costume changes and lop-sided losses. Don’t tell us we can’t dance, freedom-hater! It’s clear president Obama poses a clear and present danger to successful Bin Laden job creators doing The Funky Chicken over the graves of the Bin Laden middle class. And this, my friends, only weakens the country’s legitimate right wing conservative death threats on president Obama’s inexperienced skin color and mysterious religion.

    My friends, at a time when the Republican party is attacking the economy and democracy from within and without based on the results of the Republican party’s own historical mismanagement and unprecedented obstruction of sanity, we cannot afford more of this efficiency and precision.

    My, friends. We’re all Bin Ladens today!

  • jaywillie

    With absolutely no respect to Senator McCain, who has become a belligerent, bitter, old fool–the President has every right to take his record to the American people; President Obama will not apologize for his success, whether it’s bringing to justice a man who killed 3,000 people on US soil or creating 4 million jobs (long way yet to go, but that’s a good start).

    We’ll set aside for the moment that Republicans like McCain went out of their way to diminish the President’s role in OBL’s death. They credited Bush, they said Pres. Obama only did what every president would have done.

    Of course, that’s not true. We know for a fact that neither John McCain or Mitt Romney would have given the order for Seals Team 6 to go into Pakistan and take OBL out.

    Repeat: had John McCain become president in 2008, he would not have given the order. He said so in the debate with then-candidate Obama; he called it foolish and irresponsible.

    Nor would Mitt Romney, who, when asked about then-candidate Obama’s pledge to take OBL out if we knew he was inside Pakistan, said that it was not worth billions of dollars to move heaven and earth just to find one man (one man that Republicans couldn’t find in 8 years).

    If John McCain or Mitt Romney were president today, OBL would still be alive (we’d also still be in Iraq).

    • JackDaniel07

      We’d also be living in hollowed-out moose carcasses, burning our non-NewRepublikOfWasilla-bills to stay warm in a post empirical reality world where what limited goods are available are bartered for viciously with a pre-determined jargon of winks and you betchas

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Actually, if McCain had won the presidency, he might have died from all the stress put on his old man body, and that half baked Alaskan would be occupying the White House doing fuck knows what except turning America into a Third World banana republic.

    • D_C_Wilson

      She would have quit by now and put the Weeper of the House in charge.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Talk about a lateral move.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Anyone else remember the mccain from 2000 and prior? I miss that guy. He must have already had Alzheimer’s though and wandered off …

  • D_C_Wilson

    Meanwile, Bush remains the only president who turned his failures into a laugh track.

    http://youtu.be/GvliUuXjbL4

  • jmby

    Oh, wow – John McCain’s still alive?

    Seriously, he crawls out from under his rock every six months or so to open his mouth and spew bitter crankiness out of his maw, then returns to the depths of his pathetic, angry soul until another bit of irrevelant, revisionist bullshit occurs to him.

    He should absolutely retire from politics, and devote his remaining years to apologizing and making amends for the horror and damage he unleashed on this country in tge form of Sarah Palin.

    I thank God every time he opens his mouth that he’s never going to be President.

  • nellcote

    How is this different from what Arianna Huffington posted? They’re all trying to Swiftboat the president.