Romney Fever is Not Contagious

The enthusiasm is electrifying!

Senator Marco Rubio says that he would not accept the vice presidential nomination even if Mitt Romney personally asked him.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), one of the most buzzed-about potential running mates for Mitt Romney, says he will not be the party’s vice presidential nominee even if Romney personally asks him.

“I don’t want to be the vice president right now, or maybe ever,” Rubio said at a National Journal forum in Washington on Thursday. [...]

Still, Rubio’s comments Thursday went at least a half-step farther than previous denials. Asked whether he would turn down a direct request from Romney to join the ticket, Rubio replied, “Yes.”

Meanwhile, the results of a CNN poll conducted on the matter of vice presidential picks may leave you simultaneously baffled and amused.

A new CNN poll finds Republican voters split over whom presumptive nominee Mitt Romney should select as his running mate, with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice leading a crowded pack.

A CNN/ORC poll released Wednesday found that 26 percent of likely voters would like to see Romney tap Rice as his vice president. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, who challenged Romney for the nomination before ending his campaign earlier this month, earned 21 percent support, followed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Tea Party favorite Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.), tied at 14.

I cannot envision a scenario in which the Republicans nominate Rice, so the real takeaway for me is that the prospective vice presidential nominees are just as unpopular as the primary nominees were.

“Anyone but Romney” may apply to his VP pick as well.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Dan_in_DE

    Activist Wingers are clearly dead set on proving that they’re neither misogynist nor racist.

    Why don’t you believe them, Damnit? They wouldn’t support the Cain Train or the Wasilla Hillbilly, or now — the best of both worlds — with Condi Rice, if any of your moonbat lib slander were true!

  • Dan_in_DE

    Seriously, it’s y’all libtards who are the racists!! Don’t you know? One of my best friends is black.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    It actually makes sense. Rice is one of those Bush figures they love so much in the wingnutosphere.

  • Christine Mitchell

    I can absolutely imagine Condi being tapped for veep. She’s a win/win…a popular, respected black woman statesperson with plenty of experience, one that actually knows what the heck goes on in that oval office, which most candidates don’t. I don’t know that she’d be interested, but she’d be a positive for Romney.

    • D_C_Wilson

      And who knows? Maybe she’s spent the last three years actually learning something about foreign policy.

  • excitablerooster

    Romney is going to “tap” Condi Rice? I hope W doesn’t get jealous.

  • BenAu

    I think Rubio is smart and ambitious enough to not hitch himself to the train wreck Romney’s candidacy is going to be. Whoever runs with Mitt is going to be one of the many clueless narcissists who believe their own rhetoric.

    • JMAshby

      That’s why I believe it will be Paul Ryan. He’s drunk on his own koolaid.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Ryan would help convince the Randroids that Romney is one of them. On the other hand, I don’t think Ryan will help him flip Wisconsin red.

        I have a feeling he’ll pick someone from a swing state like Bob McDonnell of Virginia.