Sorkin's 'The Newsroom' Trailer

Oh hell yeah. This looks utterly kickass.

So it looks like Sorkin made the Daniels character a Republican news anchor who loses his shpadoinkle. Might be a good way to mitigate the predictable liberal bias criticism from Republicans, though we should assume it will happen anyway.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

    I get a kick out of the fact that the former Mrs. Ted Turner (Jane Fonda) is playing a network exec here.

  • Corebela

    Oh my god I WANT TO WATCH THIS!! Time to look up all info

  • ShitMcFuckensteinAVC

    Sam Waterston on HBO? I hope Jack McCoy launches an f-bomb tirade.

    i’ve long resisted subscribing to any PPV channels, and ya had to go and post this clip, Bob!

    sigh……now I guess I’ll go ahead & do hbo.

  • Not Sayin

    NICE! Good thing I haven’t called to cancel HBO yet…

  • Not Sayin

    And it’s Jeff Daniels – couldn’t think of a better guy for this role. Now I have to go watch Something Wild…

  • D_C_Wilson

    Definitely looks like a great show.

  • Draxiar

    *drool*

  • bphoon

    I think I’m gonna like this one…I love–just once…to see some tight ass cook off like that.

  • JoyP

    I give up. What’s a shpadoinkle?

    If Sorkin had made it a Liberal anchor, he would have been charged with media bias. If he makes it a conservative anchor but makes the character the hero, he’ll be charged with overcompensating to counter charges of liberal bias. if he makes it a conservative anchor but makes the character seem like a bad person, then he’ll be charged with liberal bias. Ultimately, none of this should matter to him. A good script is a good script.