What’s Wrong With Arizona?

Arizona has already banned teaching ethnic studies in K-12 public schools, however now that superintendent John Huppenthal has identified the mastermind behind the proliferation of ethnic enlightenment, he wants to ban it there too.

Arizona’s superintendent of schools, John Huppenthal, says Tucson’s suspended Mexican American studies curricula teaches students to resent Anglos, and that the university program that educated the public school teachers is to blame.

“I think that’s where this toxic thing starts from, the universities,” Arizona Superintendent of Schools John Huppenthal said in an interview with Fox News Latino. “To me, the pervasive problem was the lack of balance going on in these classes,” Huppenthal said.

It’s so mindbogglingly asinine you may not be able to follow what John Huppenthal is intimating, so to recap — teachers indoctrinate our children to resent white people, and universities indoctrinate our teachers, so we better put a stop to this whole university thing before they educate anyone else.

Obviously the source of the white man’s problems is our education system, not, you know, our history of shitting on other races for centuries. And the obvious solution to the problem is to ensure no one learns history, not to change our ways. That would just be crazy talk.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Education and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Clancy

    One question I often ask the Huppenthal’s in my family or classes when they bring up this sort of thing is why on earth would they want to identify with the oppressors in a given situation? They seem completely incapable of recognizing subtlety or the concept that the very same person that did something admirable also did something terrible, or even just mildly unpleasant. This is very similar to Bob’s argument about FDR being a progressive, yet he interned hundreds of thousands simply due to their ethnicity. One can still think of Roosevelt as a great and admirable man, yet be very disappointed by his role in Japanese internment. The Huppenthal’s of the world also seem completely incapable of distinguishing between a curricula which promotes inclusion and diversity and one that teaches “Anglo resentment.” For these entitled idiots, they’re the same thing. . .

  • Michael Schwartz

    I don’t want to poopoo on your stylistic mojo here, but I think the Picard WTF macro thing has been overdone a lot lately. It’s lost its punch, me thinks. Keep up the snark! Fresh snark!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Give the man credit. He managed to slam two republican hobgoblins in one paragraph: Public school teachers and college education. If only he could’ve worked in a slam of the “lamestream media” for the hat trick.

  • muselet

    Arizona’s superintendent of schools, John Huppenthal, says Tucson’s suspended Mexican American studies curricula teaches students to resent Anglos …

    Based on descriptions of the curriculum I’ve seen, these are rather anodyne high school classes aimed primarily at making Mexican Americans aware of the cultural contributions of Mexican Americans. If Mr. Huppenthal thinks that’s stoking the flames of racial resentment, he doesn’t get out much.

    “To me, the pervasive problem was the lack of balance going on in these classes,” Huppenthal said.

    It’s very important that those brown folks be reminded of their place, is that what you’re saying, Mr. Huppenthal?

    They’ve stopped even making an effort to hide it, haven’t they?

    –alopecia

  • FinninMinn

    So he will fix the “lack of balance” by allowing students to learn only about white people? I think his scale’s broken.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I hope everyone watched tonight’s episode of The Daily Show, where Al Madrigal heads out to Tuscon and mocks these hateful nutjobs and their banning of ethnic studies in high schools.

  • bphoon

    Yeah, what do we need colleges for anyway? Today’s GOP celebrates ignorance so it’s just following its natural flow. I see this as the extreme right’s inevitable overreach–give ‘em an inch, they’ll take a mile. I don’t think I’m speaking too soon when I say I think they’re in the process of burning themselves out.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1405004314 Cindi Tracy Aune

    This quote pretty much sums it up to a T

    “Obviously the source of the white man’s problems is our education system, not, you know, our history of shitting on other races for centuries. And the obvious solution to the problem is to ensure no one learns history, not to change our ways. That would just be crazy talk.” ~ JM Ashby

  • deazl666

    If it weren’t for the Mexican-American War started by Whitey (i.e. President Polk) Arizona would still be Mexico (as would a lot of other states). Right or wrong, this is historical fact and, I’m guessing, the sort of thing that this clown doesn’t want the good citizens of Arizona to know. Someone should force this ass to read “Blood Meridian” by Cormac McCarthy, so that he can see how the West was actually “won.”