Wolverines!!!!

The Romney campaign has a brilliant foreign policy approach: fight a war that’s already over. Specifically the Cold War.

The Romney campaign has been accused of being stuck in the 1950s. But it also seems mired in the 1980s — it again invoked Cold War threats on Thursday, as it tried to attack the Obama administration on foreign policy.

Romney and his surrogates have revealed an ongoing Cold War fixation. Former Reagan Defense Secretary John Lehman and former Bush administration Ambassador Pierre Prosper, on Thursday derailed Romney messaging in a conference call with reporters by raising the specter of the “Soviet Union” and slamming Obama for not protecting Czechoslovakia — a country that was peacefully dissolved in 1993 and now exists as the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

I guess they’re trying to stick with what works. Next week, Romney will stage a boxing match against Ivan Drago.

    Hey, if you’re trying to drag America back to the 1950′s you gotta go all out.

    There’s always the threat of Prussia and Lower Saxony, as well. Not to mention Dacia and Sumeria. We must be prepared for anything!!

  • Guest
  • villemar

    Whats with all the spamtards?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Oh. My. God.

    These people are either dumb as a bag of doorknobs, or they believe the general public is dumb as a bag of doorknobs (I’m going with the former). Next thing you know, they’ll be declaring Canada as a grave threat to U.S. interests that must be dealt with ASAP.

      they’ll be declaring Canada as a grave threat to U.S. interests…

      Tar sands. We must liberate the tar sands.

    We CANNOT let that bloody fucking IDIOT win.

    Adding…….WOOHOO! Karl Rove predicts Obama win!

  • jmby

    Head ->Desk. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Romney is the only candidate with a plan to deal with the Barbary Pirates.

  • BenAu

    This is yet another bizarre move from the Romney campaign. They know they can’t outflank PBO on Iraq, Afghanistan or Al Qaeda and they’ve tried the Iran and Syria attacks (totally based on lies) to little effect.

    So what do they do? Invent an enemy. From the past. Say what?

    Just who do they hope to appeal to here? Bob and Ashby have already clearly established that they’ve got the (secretly racist) older person votes…and they’re the only ones who’ll be stirred by the old fears of the USSR! Women voters used to be scared of the holocaust in the 80s (“Won’t someone please think of the children!”) but now it’s Republican legislators playing their boogeyman. Minorities share the same problem and young people barely remember the Berlin Wall coming down…

    This isn’t crazy as a fox, this is crazy as Fox News.