Worst Person in the World

I suspect this won’t be news to those who are living under the governorship of Phil Byrant, but for the rest of us the Mississippi governor has just revealed himself to be one of the worst persons in the world.

Here’s what he had to say after signing a bill to end the last remaining clinic in the state which performed abortions.

The hypocrisy of the left that now tried to kill this bill, that says that I should have never signed it, the true hypocrisy is that their one mission in life is to abort children, is to kill children in the womb. [...]

We passed that bill and I think you’ll see other states follow, and when that happens, at least these fly-in abortionists are going to be regulated under the state laws of the Medical Procedures Act here in the state of Mississippi, as they should be across the nation.

The Democrats’ one mission is to abort children.

I could just as easily suggest the Republicans’ one mission is to ensure that children have the most miserable life possible after exiting the womb, but I wouldn’t want to stoop to his level, would I? I’m definitely not suggesting that.

By the way, what the hell is a “fly-in abortionist?”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Al Iriberri

    To my understanding that refers to doctors that come in part-time to provide reproductive services, including abortions, but do not maintain a permanent practice at a given location. In appears that Mississippi would rather have their female residents limited to NO options but to go out of state instead of having them merely inconvenienced by limited availability of medical care. You know, because of freedom and stuff.

  • gekido

    Al’s right; the two doctors who were murdered her in Pensacola in the early 90s were both based out of town. David Gunn drove a circuit in southern Alabama and Florida (maybe a few other places) and would be here one day a week. Dr. Britton flew in once a week from somewhere else in Florida.

  • hypnoladyl

    Choice is a difficult concept for the right wing to understand -not higher level thinkers-

    • Draxiar

      Quite correct. If a person is pro-choice then in their minds they are pro-abortion (obscenely far from true I might add). It seems that’s the only scenario that works in their narrow black and white view of the world.

  • Brutlyhonest

    I was stationed in, and visited, some real shitholes during my career. Meridian, Mississippi, was the absolute worst of them.

    • http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ham1 Jessica Ham

      Ugh, yeah, Meridian is not good. Too bad you didn’t get put in Oxford, its reeeeeal nice here =D Well, aside from having to listen to Mr Bryant’s drivel and the non-sensical theocratic evangelicals you run into from time to time….

  • i_am_allwrite

    Mississippi is the most conservative state, yet relies more heavily on the feds to feed its re(dneck)sidents than other other.

    • http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ham1 Jessica Ham

      Not me. I may be dirt poor and have next to nothing but I don’t take government money, I pay IN buck-o. Sad to say, its not really just the minorities (as the Republicans claim) and poorest of the state who are grabbing for those hand-outs. I see plenty of white suburban ladies getting their freebies too, some of em screaming in the same breath about how free-loaders need to be cut and how the U.S. needs to trim the fat in social programs. Hypocrisy abounds.

  • i_am_allwrite

    Given that, you’d think Bryant would have a better understanding of what “hypocrisy” means.

  • i_am_allwrite

    Mississippi has to fly in most of its doctors, not just the ones that do abortions. NPR ran a feature this morning about how towns in the state are paying med school students’ tuition just to get them to commit to come and practice for 4 years after they graduate. Kinda like “Northern Exposure,” only without the charm or the Eskimos. You probably could find an old guy shacking up with a teenager like on the TV show, but it’d be more “Family Ties” than “Northern Exposure.”

    • http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ham1 Jessica Ham

      Sad to say, Mr. Bryant just helped to make that situation a whole lot worse.