You Won't Believe What Rick Santorum Has Done Now

I’m not making this up.

Rick Santorum signed up his daughter, Bella, for a lifetime membership in the NRA.

She’s three-years-old.

Yes, it’s never too early to get your kids on board with a radical conspiracy-theory-spreading handgun lobbyist group. Maybe Santorum will buy her a Concealed Carry Hooded Sweatshirt from the NRAstore: “Ideal for carrying your favorite compact to mid-size pistol, the NRA Concealed Carry Hooded Sweatshirt gives you an extra tactical edge, because its unstructured, casual design appears incapable of concealing a heavy firearm – but it does so with ease!”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Nothing speaks of Christian values of loving thy neighbors and forgiveness like a sidearm.

  • JamesP Morrison

    The NRA is to evil and insane what Boo is to little and cute.

  • Clancy

    Given how much his daughter’s illness and genetic condition have been in the news of late, I suspect that Santorum did not, in fact, “sign up” Bella for lifetime membership, but that she was provided it as a gift. The sentiment behind gifting the membership might be just as weird as if he’d actively sought it for a three year old, but hopefully less an indictment of Santorum’s screwed-up priorities. (Seriously, if your daughter is sick and her life expectancy is already compromised, one would hope your priorities would demonstrate less political crassness than this.)

    His bragging about it is all on him, though.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Santorum at the family dinner table:

    “Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!”

  • http://twitter.com/fleetadmiralj Josh Chambers

    that fact that they’re even using the fact that something might give them a “tactical edge” as a selling point is WTF enough.

    I thought the whole point of carrying guns as a crime deterrent was to let criminals know that you’re armed and ready to act. What is the point of having a concealed weapon and intentionally trying to make it look like you aren’t or can’t?

  • muselet

    Ed Kilgore:

    Rick Santorum takes out lifetime NRA membership for 3-year-old daughter. I suspect she’d rather have been given an ice cream cone.

    I apologize in advance if I’m wrong about this, but isn’t one of the effects of the syndrome that Bella Santorum has mental retardation? I am not trying to be funny or making fun of that, but I would think the NRA would not want to have mentally retarded three year olds as members. Something seems really wrong with that. Again, I’m sorry if I have misunderstood the nature of her illness.

    • muselet

      You’re not wrong. Mayo Clinic:

      Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18). Edwards syndrome is a condition that causes severe mental retardation. Edwards syndrome is often fatal by age 1.

      –alopecia

  • mattpd

    I seriously can no longer tell the difference between real stories and the onion.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I believe it.

    I’m sure he’s already teaching her how to stand her ground.