And Here Comes the Gay Rumor

Whenever a character from a right-wing group with “Family” in the title opens his mouth, crazy tends to spray all over the place. Here’s Paul Cameron of the Family Research Institute:

“Actually, while I’m not sure about the claims by the various people who have reported that Obama has at least participated at times with them in homosexual acts, this [the president’s pro-marriage equality announcement] certainly lends some credence.”

DING! We might just have our Birther variant for 2012. The “Obama is Gay” conspiracy theory. Get ready for more insanity where this came from.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    any minute now…

  • JMAshby

    Come to think of it, this kind of rumor did surface once before during the 2008 campaign.

    There was an idea floated among the World Net Daily fringe during the 2008 campaign that the president had gay sex in the back of a car once, and that he may have been a gay prostitute.

    No, I’m not kidding. And that’s probably what Paul Cameron is referring to.

    This was about the same time birtherism became a thing.

    • i_a_c

      Google “Larry Sinclair Obama” and the whole shitshow will come back to haunt you.

  • Gregory Hull

    Everyone knows that if you are for gay rights, you must be gay. Just like the only people that fronted the civil rights era in the 60’s were all black, the people for voting rights were all disenfranchised and people against war are all pacifists.

  • Lavander

    Thanks a lot, Sullivan.

    • hanadora444

      And thanks soooo much Tina Brown.

  • MatherZ

    Just like the “Obama is a Muslim” claims, what I find offensive about this is that they’re so willing to lie about their President to try to score political points. I also find it offensive that these people think that calling someone a homosexual or a Muslim is an insult.

    Along those lines, what I DON’T find offensive is the claim itself. Let’s say that Obama is indeed a gay Muslim. What difference could that possibly make? Why is that an insult?

  • mistinguette grandison

    This guy admitted that he himself had attraction to men. So it was a projection of his own insecurities.