Crazy Arizona Birther Stymied by Hawaii

I kinda love this:

PHOENIX — The state of Hawaii has responded to Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett’s request for proof that President Barack Obama was in fact born in the Aloha State.

The Hawaii attorney general’s office has reportedly told Bennett that there are steps he needs to take in order to confirm President Obama’s birth records.

Those steps include Bennett proving that he legitimately needs confirmation in order to update the records at his office.

You know what that means? It’ll take him a long, long time to confirm for legal purposes the president’s Hawaii birth. Also:

Hawaii officials just simply don’t believe [Bennett is] qualified to investigate Barack Obama’s birth certificate.

Of course he’s not. He should be in a padded room screaming at invisible enemies.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Birthers and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    1) Ha!

    but, 2) This will just fan the flames for these eternal birther idjits… “See!?!?! They’re hiding something!”

    but also, 3) HA!!

      You’re right about them just thinking that it’s just more of a conspiracy. They are so nutso here.

    But what does this mean? Is Hawaii saying that the AZ Secretary of State doesn’t have the legal standing to request verification? Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I don’t think that’s a correct interpretation of the law. What do I do if we go to Election day and Pres. Obama’s name is not on the ballot? Write him in?!?! And will this spur more states to follow suit? It’s a disturbing thought.

    • muselet

      It sounds to me like the State of Hawaii is, politely but firmly, operating according to the strictest possible interpretation of its laws (and the laws of Arizona), in lieu of telling Ken Bennett to go pound sand. Yeah, it’s kind of a cheap stunt, but so is demanding proof that the sitting president was actually born where all available evidence indicates he was born.

      Nefercat has it right, below: Arizona would seem to be constitutionally obligated to accept Hawaii’s verification of the birth record in question.

        But, alopecia, we all know that, like the bible, the only parts of the Constitution that count are the parts that promote their hate/fear of Others.

  • Nefercat

    I wish Hawaii would just tell them that they have verified the accuracy and legitimacy of the birth record on file and Arizona is required by the full faith and credit clause of the United States constitution to accept their word, period. Go away, Arizona.

    And if the president’s name is not on the Arizona ballot because Arizona refuses to give full faith and credit to Hawaii’s records, isn’t Arizona is in violation of the constitution?

    Regardless of the Arizona secretary of state’s job responsibilities, I don’t think Hawaii is obligated to put up with being harassed, which is what the AZ birther faction is doing.

      I wish Hawaii would just tell them that they have verified the accuracy and legitimacy of the birth record on file

      Hawaii has done that — more than once. The nirthers just won’t accept it.

      But wait! It gets better than just ignoring the Constitution….they are ignoring the credibility of the sitting governor. In 2008, then AZ Secretary of State Jan Brewer allowed then candidate Obama on the state ballot. So they are rejecting that previous ballot placement.

      I actually read some con comments online about how they don’t trust Brewer BECAUSE she ‘didn’t investigate it properly’ (ie, provide the result they were looking for), or because she refused to bow to pressure from extremists in her own party by leaving him off the ballot or she onto art of the conspiracy. They truly are a bunch of wackos.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Where is our “librul” media? Why isn’t anyone asking this douche one simple question:

    Do you honestly not believe that the certified document provided by the state of Hawaii is sufficient to satisfy the requirements under the Constitution or are you just exploiting this issue for cheap political gain?