Dick Quote of the Morning

“He was a historic figure. He’s our first African-American president. The country voted for him because of that. It made us feel good about [our]self. I’ve said it before, it helped that John McCain was about 142 years old. It helped that the economy was tanking. A lot of these things helped. But he never would have gotten there without his historic nature.” Rep. Joe Walsh making friends with ageism and racism

It’s time for another very serious reminder: Joe Walsh is en elected member of the U.S. Congress — one of only 535 Americans.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Walsh is working on some serious circular logic. And he’s a Dick Quoter.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

    People have to explain away the reasons their favorite candidate lost. They cannot accept that a majority of the country disagreed with their views. To deal with reality, we make excuses like: “people are just stupid”, “he was elected by fraud”, or “he only won because he was black”.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Set aside for the moment the notion that Rep. Walsh may be the biggest douchebag in Congress.

    See, I’ve never understood why GOP fans think the idea that “Obama only won because the economy tanked” makes them look good. You’re saying that if everything was fine your guy would have won, but because this major crisis hit, the voters decided they’d rather not have your guy in charge? And this reflects well on your guy…how?

    • bphoon

      See, I’ve never understood why GOP fans think the idea that “Obama only won because the economy tanked” makes them look good.

      Furthermore, they seem to forget that the economy tanked on their guy’s watch after eight years of their economic policies. That’s supposed to make them look good?

      • GrafZeppelin127

        They just blame that on the Democratic 110th Congress. Nothing that happened prior to 2007 had anything to do with it, even though the bad loans that helped tank the housing market were originated in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. What they ignore here is that the man they revered as the Greatest Leader of All Time, The Tough, Resilient, Decisive Decider / Commander Guy, if not the Third Greatest Human Being Ever to Walk the Earth (Behind Jesus and Reagan, Not Necessarily in That Order), was utterly neutered and utterly powerless to prevent whatever it is they think the Democrats did in 2007 and 2008 that caused the economy to tank. Not only that, but during 2003-2006 both The Decider and the revered Republican Heroes who held majorities in both houses Congress were utterly powerless to prevent a single Democratic congressman from singlehandedly and unilaterally forcing the banks to make all those bad loans.

        Remind me again why GOP fans revere Republicans?

        • Victor_the_Crab

          “Remind me again why GOP fans revere Republicans?”

          Because they have an average IQ at around room temperature.

  • Scottsteaux63

    Asshole.

  • http://twitter.com/Nanotyrnns Gearóid O’Tuathal

    They’re still on a campaign to undermine his legitimacy. With a little “The Democrat Party elected him out of guilt” seasoning for good measure and a racist palate. And it’s pretty much all they have to work with. The fantastical ramblings of the fringe element- “He’s not ONE OF US!”

  • caribbeanobserver

    He’s out of his damn place! These little old white men need to ‘give it up’. Yep, the more they belch, the more folks realise their time has come and gone.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Hasn’t this deadbeat started paying his ex-wife the alimony he’s been withholding her?

  • mrbrink

    Made us feel good about ourselves…?

    I fucking cried tears of joy that night. Hallelujah, motherfucker!

    These fucking assholes have shit all over this presidency from the start, abusing America’s sensibilities like the confused children in the middle of a dead beat divorce proceeding. President Obama makes it look too easy. Get out of Iraq? Get Bin Laden? Overturn discriminatory policies? Regulate Wall Street? Stand up in a room full of House Republicans and demolish their whole ideological world one polite chuckle at a time? These are degenerates who pride themselves on complicating the fuck out of simple concepts, and simplifying the fuck out of complicated ones. They’re ass backwards in everything they do. Need to stimulate the economy? How about layoffs and tax cuts for wealth-hoarders! Healthcare bill too long? no worries. We’ll just call it, “unconstitutional.” Got creditors to pay? Just crash the economy. But let’s have a congressional hearing, submit hours and hours of testimony, cross check, verify, and confer with the sub committee on cocksuckery to decide that women can’t be trusted with their bodies.

    President Obama has exposed a long running scam that has helped idiots like Joe Walsh maintain their superiority complex over his idiot constituents. All this stuff is a lot less complicated when you keep the anti-government imbeciles out of office.

    But tell Joe Walsh you’re casting a vote for the positive reinforcement of race and you’ll be bullied and cornered into voting based on the continued ridicule and suppression of race. Not a reasonable individual or political party.

    But just to be sure people don’t go ahead and do something like vote for Obama again, Republicans are getting rid of the vote for millions of people and replacing it with vaginal probes.

      “Stand up in a room full of House Republicans and demolish their whole ideological world one polite chuckle at a time? ”

      I cried and laughed at the same time that day. Completely awesome.

    • Roberta Corcoran-Andrasik

      What you said, Mr. Brink.

  • Zen Diesel

    Wow, still fighting the 2008 election, what a dumbstupid.

  • Miranda

    This from a man whose kids don’t speak to him.

    To say that Joe Walsh is a dead beat dad and the biggest douche nozzle in congress would be stating the obvious, which is what I just did. But aside from that, isn’t it time to admit that this is the racist thesis of the Republican party all the time? Forget the tea-baggers; that movement is just an extension of the real party. There isn’t any dog-whistle in what Walsh is saying. He is stating it as fact for the people who dig this stuff: The president got elected because he is a (insert n-word here). I am personally sick of this shit and the people who promulgate it. Have a heart attack Walsh. But pay your child support first you dead beat slacker.

  • deazl666

    This dork has it backward: Most of the serious contenders for the nomination that year would also have beaten McCain. Hillary probably would have done even better against McCain because she isn’t black. I’m sure there is a significant portion of the electorate who would have voted against the Republican nominee had the Democratic nonminee not been an African-American.

    That deadbeat creep has one hell of alot of nerve. Fucking enormous asshole.

  • Brutlyhonest

    That’s right, Joe. Blacks always get ahead easily.

    Or, are you just making another snide affirmative action attack?

    • mrbrink

      A little over a year ago, Alopecia put up this really great comment on the topic of Bill Kristol, and about how conservatives view Affirmative Action, and I’ll never forget it:

      My favorite part of a devastating opinion piece on Kristol from Paul Campos at Rocky Mountain News: Which brings me to this charming vignette, courtesy of blog commenter Harry Hopkins:”I remember back in the late 1990s, when Ira Katznelson, an eminent political scientist at Columbia, came to deliver a guest lecture. Prof. Katznelson described a lunch he had with Irving Kristol during the first Bush administration.”The talk turned to William Kristol, then Dan Quayle’s chief of staff, and how he got his start in politics. Irving recalled how he talked to his friend Harvey Mansfield at Harvard, who secured William a place there as both an undergrad and graduate student; how he talked to Pat Moynihan, then Nixon’s domestic policy adviser, and got William an internship at the White House; how he talked to friends at the RNC [Republican National Committee] and secured a job for William after he got his Harvard Ph.D.; and how he arranged with still more friends for William to teach at Penn and the Kennedy School of Government.” With that, Prof. Katznelson recalled, he then asked Irving what he thought of affirmative action. ‘I oppose it,’ Irving replied. ‘It subverts meritocracy.’ “

      • Brutlyhonest

        Thanks for the reminder of that. Over my 27-year USN career, I was personally aware of a couple of instances where people would get extra chances to qualify on something because they were one of the few women or ethnic minorities in the field (I know no one ever officially admits this and I’ll likely be called a liar). The real downside to that was some people automatically assumed every one that was not a white dude was given “special” treatment What was funny to me though, was the number of white guys who were given special treatment because of who their dad was. That never seemed to be a problem though.

  • eljefejeff

    America elected Barack Obama only because he’s black. Just like we elected Shirley Chisolm, Jesse Jackson, Lenora Fulani, Alan Keyes, Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Doesn’t Walsh have some child support to not pay?