Fail of the Day

I believe a little comic relief is in order following some of today’s events. Thankfully, we have Jonah Goldberg of the National Review to provide that for us.

Conservative author Jonah Goldberg has an impressive resume. He is the founding editor of National Review Online and its current editor-at-large. He’s a columnist for the Los Angeles Times and a visiting fellow at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington.

But take a look at the dust jacket of his latest book, “The Tyranny of Cliches: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas,” and you’ll find another accolade: two-time Pulitzer Prize nominee.

The problem? Goldberg has never been nominated for a Pulitzer.

Yes. Tell us “how liberals cheat in the war of ideas.”

Do their methods involve listing Pulitzer nominations that don’t exist?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/Jrosario1701 Justin Rosario

    Don’t forget O’Reilly’s imaginary Peabody awards.

  • Dan_in_DE

    I’ll bet those libs also cheat by orchestrating huge bookbuys of intellectually shoddy books just to push them up onto the bestseller lists..

    /snark

    • JoanOfSnark

      Lifelong liberal, longtime reader/first time poster here :)

      I’m almost ashamed to admit that I’m one of “those” that read those intellectually shoddy books; purely to see the shady wingnut arguments I will have to endure from my conservative family.

      I read those books, but I’ve never had to buy them – ever. I’ll go a Tea Party rally (should have seen the response I got at that rally when I brought my friend – a Latina – along with me), a Republican speech or whatnot and pick them up (free) by the truckload. I’ll actually bring a good sized book bag, hold it open and the minions just pour ‘em on in.

      But these “books” (using the word lightly) usually end up pretty worn out from how many times they get slammed shut or bounced off a nearby wall. :)

      FWIW, **Thank You Bob** for providing such a fantastic blog.

  • Eric Borsody

    Those are the tw0 Pulitzers that the liberals cheated him out of.

  • http://www.facebook.com/logan.t.carlson Logan Thomas Carlson

    I’ve got three Pulitzers on my shelf behind me.

  • BadSaratoga

    He should have applied for the CEO job over at Yahoo…

  • http://twitter.com/TipsyDave David Gardner

    The funny part is, this is the second time he’s been called out for this exact thing.

  • trgahan

    I heard this guy on NPR have his entire “look at the stupid things liberals believe” dismantled by the interviewing reporter. He covered himself by saying “he makes his living arguing every political point” like the founding fathers would have wanted. Still had no response to any of the silly things conservatives believe.
    Next up..Sarah Palin’s next book will have “Nobel Laureate for Literature.”