Gingrich Thanks His $25 Million Clients

Gingrich’s campaign was broke since it began. The only way he was able to last for so long was because of the support of his super PAC. And he made sure to single out his chief benefactor during his concession speech yesterday:

And of course, while they weren’t directly associated with the campaign, it would be impossible for me to be here and thank everybody without mentioning Sheldon and Miriam Adelson, who single-handedly came pretty close to matching Romney’s super PAC.

Yes, we’re through the looking glass here. The Adelsons spent $25 million on Gingrich’s campaign, and so I suppose a “thank you” is in order. But that’s the problem. Imagine the “thank you” if Gingrich had won the nomination and then was elected president.

    Now who’s redistributing wealth?

    I thank the Adelsons for blowing $25 million on exactly jack fucking squat. At least it didn’t go to lobbyists who might have actually done something damaging with the money.