Just Reminder

David Axelrod reminded us of this quote from the Bush-appointed former Secretary of Defense Bob Gates about the killing of Bin Laden:

“I worked for a lot of these guys and this is one of the most courageous calls — decisions — that I think I’ve ever seen a president make.”

Note that Gates didn’t say that about the surge or the invasion of Iraq or any of the decisions from the president who originally appointed him.

SEAL Team Six kicked serious ass and should be credited as such, but it was the president who made the call to send them in. Without that decision, Bin Laden would still be alive today — watching porn and planning terrorist attacks.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Terrorism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Listening to Peter Bergen being interviewed about his latest book on Bin Laden, not only was this mission far riskier than was originally mentioned, but that Obama ignored the advice of his closest advisors on how to best approach this and went ahead with the SEAL Team Six invading the compound and gunning Bin Laden down. This could very easily have blown up in his face, but didn’t.

    Despite how the crybabies on the right are pathetically trying to spin this, Obama is holding back on how he’s handling it. If anying, the president deserves to spike the ball and do an endzone celebration that would make Terell Owens feel embarassed. If nothing else, it’ll make racist pigscum like Hannity and Bolling choke on their own bile.

      Yeah, agreed. The mission was risky as hell even if everything went right and everyone was saying no, but the President made the ballsy decision. He deserves credit for the call and the soldiers deserve credit for mission completion. I honestly would give credit to the other side if they had done it instead of Pres. Obama.

      • Lazarus Durden

        That’s what baffles me. The cognitive dissonance from the right is profound. If Bush had done the same I’d be the first to say “He sucked on just about everything else but he got bin Laden.” Or heck if Iraq actually stabilized under his watch, or he removed Saddam from power the way Obama did with Qaddafi I’d of given him credit.

        Those on the Right who refuse to give credit where credit is due to a sitting President no matter from what party aren’t patriots. They’re partisans and ideologues. I’m an American first and a Party member second.

  • SandraKLevinson
    • Lazarus Durden

      No one wants a Kindle. Go away Spambot!

  • lib4

    I love how GWB lands on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit to announce the supposed end of combat ops and no one ever even questions him giving credit to the members of the miltary…

    Obama simply talks about actually ordering the killing of Public Enemy #1 and all we hear is he is taking all the credit to himself…

    Love the double standard

  • mrbrink

    Two words: Smart power.

    Shout out to Axelrod. I love that guy’s face.