Morning Awesome

The 54th Massachusetts and the Charge Against Fort Wagner
From Glory

Taking a day off today. If you please, use this thread to reflect upon and discuss the sacrifice of our nation’s bravest men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Have a safe and glorious Memorial Day.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Morning Awesome and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    Greatest. War. Movie. Ever.

    The moment when Denzel climbs up the hill, grabs the flag, turns over his shoulder and yells “COME OOOOOONNNN!!!!” still gets me every time.

    BTW, the sculpture shown under the end credits can be seen at the National Gallery of Art in D.C. I saw it for the first time last fall and started humming the score from this film (which is, like all James Horner scores, fricking awesome).

    I think I’ll watch it again tonight.

    • pgeorge

      Agree with every word. Everything in this film came together as rarely happens to produce something indelible.

  • jmby

    More thanks and pride than I can express to
    WWII:
    Uncle Gerard (Europe- Air)
    Uncle Bill (Pacific Theatre)
    Uncle Jack (Pacific Theatre)