No, You!

This is comedy gold.

BLITZER: Donald, you’re beginning to sound a little ridiculous, I have to tell you.

TRUMP: You are, Wolf. Let me tell you something, I think you sound ridiculous, and if you’d ask me a question and let me answer it.

BLITZER: Here’s the question, did the conspiracy start in 1961 where the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and the Advertiser contemporaneously published announcements that he was born in Hawaii?

TRUMP: Many people put those announcements in because they wanted to get the benefit because of getting so-called born in this country. Many people did it. It was something done by many people even though they weren’t born in the country. You know and I know it.

Video of the exchange here.

We’re only hours away from Birther-a-palooza in Las Vegas with The Donald, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romney. It should be a sight to behold.

Has there ever been a presidential candidate as devoid of dignity and decency as Mitt Romney?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Oscar-Jimison/100001431764474 Oscar Jimison

    “Romney told CNN,

    ‘You know, I don’t agree with all the people who support me, and my guess is they don’t all agree with everything I believe it. But I need to get 50.1 percent or more and I’m appreciative to have the help of a lot of good people’.

    … Romney cares not about the truth; he only cares about winning. Is that not the definition of moral bankruptcy? ”

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/is-mitt-romney-morally-bankrupt/2012/05/29/gJQAhp7HzU_blog.html?tid=pm_opinions_pop

    • Ned F

      ….so I can scratch “become President” off my bucket list. Yup.

    • ninjaf

      When I saw Mitt Romney say that he needsto get 50.1% (or more) of the vote, I immediately thought the man has no idea how our Republic works. He needs 270 electoral votes to win the Presidency. If one only needs 50.1% of the vote, we would have had a President Al Gore, instead of George W. Bush. He may want to brush up on his basic Civics as he heads into the general election campaign.

        The Romnoid2012 is programmed to only speak sentences that its base can understand. So any mention of, or referral to, the Electoral College, no matter how oblique, is strictly off-limits.

        Colleges are well-known liberal bastions, after all.

      • hanadora444

        My first thought exactly. What is really embarrassing is that you’re the first one I’ve heard point this out. Granted, I haven’t listened to all of the professional TV talkers (not having multiple TV’s all turned on at once, etc) but not one of the ones I heard seemed to have a clue.

      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Sigh.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Oscar-Jimison/100001431764474 Oscar Jimison

    Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter:

    “Mitt Romney’s continued embrace of Donald Trump and refusal to condemn his disgraceful conspiracy theories demonstrates his complete lack of moral leadership. Now he’s even standing by silently as Trump assails John McCain’s courage in standing up to the most extreme and hateful voices in the Republican Party—all in order to raise money for himself. If Mitt Romney lacks the backbone to stand up to a charlatan like Donald Trump because he’s so concerned about lining his campaign’s pockets, what does that say about the kind of president he would be?”

    I love it.

  • muselet

    Has there ever been a presidential candidate as devoid of dignity and decency as Mitt Romney?

    I’ve been wracking my brain and I can’t come up with any major-party candidate, at least not in my lifetime. There’ve been third-party candidates who were real charmers, but they don’t really count (since they were never in any danger of being elected).

      I would posit that the previous occupant of the White House is right up there as well.

        Actually I disagree. Gw believed his own BS, Mitt only believes in money.

  • morningsky

    Looney Tunes

  • D_C_Wilson

    Has there ever been a human being as devoid of dignity and decency as Donald Trump?

    no…

  • http://twitter.com/Scootabuddha Vincenzo T.

    Nathan Thurm lives.

    Donald Trump: Where the president was born is an important issue and the white house is very concerned about it.

    Romney Spokesman: This is a distraction manufactured by Democrats.

    Mitt Romney: *crickets*

    Translation: While Donald Trump comes as close as he possibly can to yelling nigger, the GOP accuse the Democrats of being the real racists, and Mitt pretends he has nothing to do with it – he’s focused on the economy.
    These hateful rat bastards and their pig ignorant supporters need to be beaten like a rented mule.

  • Brutlyhonest

    “Has there ever been a presidential candidate as devoid of dignity and decency as Mitt Romney?”

    Hell, he’s making mccain’s pandering look almost reasonable.

  • mzmijewski

    What is a Mitt anyway?