One Little Victory

Good news for women and, specifically, Planned Parenthood in Texas yesterday.

Earlier this week, Republican Fifth Circuit Judge Jerry Smith issued an unusual single-judge order staying another judge’s decision suspending a Texas law that cuts off funding for Planned Parenthood. Today, a three-judge panel of the same court, which includes Judge Smith, lifted Smith’s order — meaning that the Texas anti-Planned Parenthood law is suspended once again.

Remarkable that it’s come down to this. Small bits of breathing room from level-headed panels of judges. It’s also worth noting that Texas Planned Parenthood is probably the most endangered of any state.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Abortion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Somehow I feel sure Texas legislators will figure out another way to their end goal of returning women to their pre-1950′s status.

    You know, barefoot,pregnant, behind a stove, and most of all, subjugated to the men behind all these horrendous anti-women laws.

  • Guest

      Arizona’s a fucking albatross. Let them secede, or can we vote to recall their membership? It’s just one star on the flag, it’s not like they’re a stripe, too. And if we just make Puerto Rico official, we don’t even have to change the flag. Arizona can build a wall around the whole goddamned state and blow themselves up.

        While agree with your sentiment, it would be terribly unfair to liberals like myself who are stuck here. ;)

          Don’t worry – we’ll grant you asylum from the asylum.