Paul Festival

Ron Paul may have quit the campaign and decided not to run for president, but his supporters will not be deterred. They’re planning to hold a convention of their very own in Tampa, Florida days before the RNC.

Ron Paul supporters are organizing Paul Festival, to be held at the Florida State Fairgrounds on Aug. 24-26, the Tampa Bay Times reported. The Republican National Convention is scheduled to begin the next day, Aug. 27, eight miles across town at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.

Ron Paul currently has no plans to attend, spokesman Gary Howard wrote in an e-mail to ABC News. The festival organizers are not affiliated with Paul’s campaign. […]

Tickets are not yet on sale, but the website advertises several “Ronvoys” to transport attendees from as far away as Spokane, Wash., Phoenix, San Francisco, and Dearborn, Mich.

I’d like to see a poll of those who attend asking whether or not they believe Ron Paul exiting the campaign is a conspiracy perpetrated by the media.

He’s still in it, I tell you!

  • Scopedog

    Christ…they just don’t get it, do they? They just do not get it.

    Their man will never be President. But hell, if they disrupt the GOP, well, I guess there’s nothing to do but get the popcorn ready….

  • SlapFat

    The way this guys attracts every freakshow and faux rebel within a 1,000 mile radius is as fascinating as it is frightening. The messiah complex they have built up around this dude is really bizarre- to the point where they will view him as the reincarnation of George Washington, Jesus Christ, and Elvis rolled into one. I’m not exaggerating as much as one might think.

    And they are not libertarians so much but occult egomaniacs with the motto “We are so angry we cannot be wrong.”

  • sdhwy0

    Perfect! From the Fairgrounds you can see the giant, 300-foot-tall Confederate flag that a local group of snaggle-toothed, inbred hillbillies erected right next to the FGs. Uncle Tricorn hisself, at the podium, with gigantic CSA flag behind him? You can’t write jokes like that!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease.

    I’ve been a good boy all year long.

    Let him run as an independent.

    The Paulites are beginning to remind me of Hiroo Onoda.

    PAULAPALOOZA! I’ll throw in five bucks if he runs as an independent.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    The Kool-Aid is strong in this bunch.