President: Eff Austerity

Progress at the G8 summit. President Obama urged European leaders to spend more on economic growth.

Confronting an economic crisis that threatens them all, President Barack Obama and leaders of other world powers on Saturday declared that their governments must both spark growth and cut the debt that has crippled the European continent and put investors worldwide on edge.

“There’s now an emerging consensus that more must be done to promote growth and job creation right now,” Obama proclaimed after hosting unprecedented economic talks at Camp David, his secluded and highly secure mountaintop retreat. Seeking a second term amid hard economic times, Obama hailed a debate heading in the direction he likes, with nations now talking of ways to spark their economies instead of just slashing spending.

Of course this is the right thing to do. Austerity has failed miserably in Europe. I’m glad at least one adult in the room is pointing that out.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    Was this before or after he bowed and kissed their rings and apologized for America and admitted to his publisher what the ClintonMachine could not prove?

    O/T Remember when Dubya tried to rub Merkel’s shoulders at their summit and she, rightfully, shrugged him off like the creepy fratboy he is?
    One of my favorite quotes about Obama goes something like:
    “Isn’t it nice to have citizens of other nations tossing accolades at our President, instead of shoes?”

    • Scopedog

      I remember that Bush shoulder rub. Creepy as shit.

      And yet….even though Obama is clearly miles and miles way from Bush, the meme that “he’s worse than Bush!” or that he’s really a Repub are still bandied about. I often wonder about the mental state if some…

      • Victor_the_Crab

        They’re the Wile E. Coyote of wingnut rhetoric.