Romney Gives The “All Clear” to Birthers

Brave Sir Romney has no plans to confront Donald Trump or any other high-profile birthers supporting his campaign. He implied as much during an interview with CNN yesterday wherein he said he isn’t concerned about what his supporters believe as long as they support him.

(CNN) – Mitt Romney said Monday he wasn’t concerned about Donald Trump’s commitment to the “birther” conspiracy, one day before the GOP presidential candidate hosts a fund-raiser alongside the celebrity business magnate.

Asked on his charter plane whether Trump’s questioning of President Barack Obama’s birthplace gave him pause, Romney simply said he was grateful for all his supporters.

“You know, I don’t agree with all the people who support me and my guess is they don’t all agree with everything I believe in,” Romney said. “But I need to get 50.1% or more and I’m appreciative to have the help of a lot of good people.”

Romney doesn’t care what you believe as long as you vote for him, for Pete’s sake.

You can’t make it any more clear than Romney just did himself.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zizi2

    Romney is a RACIST & BIRTHER and the corporate media is aiding and betting his low road to presidency. But we say demographics will kill his vile ambition

  • willpen

    I have been over at Mediaite reading some of the comments in the article that they have regarding this. And…let me tell you …. that there are some very scary nut jobs out there that seriously need to be on meds ….immediately. This frankly scares the shit out of me. Trump seems to be taking up the same mantle that Sarah Palin took the last time. It’s almost as if he were acting like her surrogate given the fact that Romney knows that he really needs to be careful about choosing a VP this time around. I would not be surprised if good ole Mittens is aware of this, on some level, and therefore has no desire to quell the crap that is coming out of “The Donald’s” mouth.

  • http://profiles.google.com/rollotamasi13 Rollo Tamasi

    I could almost give him a pass if Trump was just a supporter, or even surrogate.

    But, Romney is going to stand next to this man and raise money for his campaign. He is tied to Trump after that.

    Romney would make Tricky Dick look like a choir boy.

    Can America be stupid enough to elect him?

    • Scopedog

      “Can America be stupid enough to elect him?”

      By all that is good and holy (or whatever deity you choose to believe in or not) I hope not.

      But then again….America elected Nixon twice, Reagan twice, and Bush 2 once (2000 doesn’t count). You would think that after all these years and the wreckage they left behind–especially Reagan and Bush 2–Americans would be wise enough to call bullshit on Romney.

      Sadly, though, we do not have a mainstream media that is interested in getting the facts to people. The MSM infrastructure is also precarious at best–newspapers are shutting down, and I hate to say this, but the Internet is more about the quick flash, the blipvert, than it is about actual discussions on the issues (maybe I’m wrong here, however). And the Right wing media is better funded and is a helluva lot more interested in grabbing the reins of power and keeping hold of them, whatever the consequences.

      On the Left, it’s a different story–we do not have a robust, effective media infrastructure. Yes, we have the Internet, but the Right is making inroads and we have hardly anything when it comes to radio and television and print, which are still effective outlets. Worst of all, many on the far Left are more interested in pushing the “both parties are the same”/”Obama’s worse than Bush” bullshit instead of actually putting out a practical way to turn things around.

      I wouldn’t count Obama out–the odds have been against him before, and he triumphed. Unlike some, he actually WANTS to win, and he knows that giving the keys back to the same jerks who crashed the car will result in disaster. That’s something that Cornell West doesn’t get.

    • D_C_Wilson

      “Can America be stupid enough to elect him?”

      Short answer:

      George W. Bush.

  • muselet

    Mitt Romney’s describing birfers as “good people” is more disgraceful than his lying.

    –alopecia