Romney Thinks Hitler's Coal is Awesome

No one in the history of the world has ever written or spoken the above headline. Ever. I’m weirdly proud of that.

Okay, down to it. It’s true. In the following video, Romney mentions that he and Hitler both love liquefied coal as an alternative fuel source. Really. Hitler.

Gosh! Hitler!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Alternative Energy, Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Y’know I wasn’t a fan of the liquefied coal idea when Brain Schweitzer was stumping for it several years ago, but at least he downplayed the Hitler part.

    I also love that Romney’s only objection to nuclear power is the prospect of dealing with French people.

    • MiddleMittenLiberal

      He didn’t mind the French when he was doing “missionary” work in France in the 70s.

        To avoid going to Viet Nam…

        • MiddleMittenLiberal

          Yes–my brother was killed while serving in Vietman (2nd tour), so I am not impressed with his “missionary” work.

    I’ve said it before, and I will probably say it a thousand more times. Mitt Romney is unfit for the presidency. He has neither the intellect or the leadership skills to be the president. I have wondered many times who handles Willard. It’s not theat what he says is stupid (although many times he gaffes beyond stupid) it is that his words lack the thought process that should have kept him from saying it in the first place. I shudder to think what happens if this douche should stumble into the presidency. God help us all…

    I think you’re focusing on the wrong part of this. The Hitler thing, sure, that’s a stupid thing to say; it’s one of many stupid things Romney has said whenever he has felt confident enough about his chances to actually talk off the cuff. [Seriously, whenever he did well in a primary, he could be counted on to say something stupid within the week.]

    Here’s what I noticed in there — he’s talking about spending billions of dollars to investigate energies which are alternative to oil. Now, granted, he’s talking about spending billions to investigate new methods for *nuclear* power… but how is that significantly different than Obama spending billions to investigate solar and wind power? Other than the fact that the majority of the country is against nuclear power?

    • agrazingmoose

      I heard the CEO of Duke Energy speak two nights ago. Believe me, the energy industry doesn’t need subsidies for nuclear R&D. They’ve got it covered.

    • ninjaf

      I was thinking the same thing as I was listening to him. He is all for exploring alternative sources of energies from fossil fuels. Why not other **renewable** sources?

  • muselet

    Well, that was a remarkably incoherent 1:04.

    Is there anything—outside of what Douglas Adams called “the movement of small, green pieces of paper”—that Mitt Romney actually understands?

    See? Hitler wasn’t so bad!

    Are you shitting me?

  • mrbrink

    And Hitler may have been history’s most murderous psycho, but damn it, he sure could dance!

    Let’s begin implementing Hitler’s vision as soon as we get rid of the Liberals, Unions, Gays, Mexicans, Jews, Muslims, women’s rights, voting rights…

    They’re always getting in the way of solutions.

  • D_C_Wilson

    If I were one of his media handlers, I’d hand in my resignation immediately after he mentioned Hitler’s name.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Yeah, um…Hitler was trying to solve a wartime oil shortage because he was losing. Probably not the best first choice of arguments…