The Fox News Agit-Prop Machine on 11

This is an unmitigated disgrace of lies and misleading claims. And it could be a Mitt Romney commercial. Fox News produced this and ran it during the cartoonish Fox & Friends show.

For eight years, they rallied for the Bush agenda, then when the Bush policies failed, they produced this video and blamed the subsequent president. Disgusting.

  • http://rob.yurkowski.net/ Rob Yurkowski

    I think Jon Stewart nailed it yesterday — paraphrasing Roger Ailes:

    Oh, Jon! Did I ever tell you that I, Roger Ailes, plan to undermine the role of an independent press by constantly whining at any reportage that deviates from a staunch conservative narrative is biased, while at the same time filling the editorial vacuum that that creates by building a Conservative propaganda juggernaut in the guise of a news organization… Jon, I’m gonna call the organization Fox News, and its tagline will be — you’re gonna love this: ‘A Fanatically Micro-Managed Media Fiefdom Where My Own Far-Right Agenda And Personal Sense of Victomhood Drive Every Aspect of the Operation… and Balanced.’

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Jon Stewart is da man! Unlike the three stooges of Fox and Friends.

    • Brutlyhonest

      I almost cried when I heard this coming from Stewart. It was so refreshing to have him not making some outrageously ridiculous both sides are the same false equivalence. I hope he’s over that period.

  • mrbrink

    AHHHHHHHHHHH! Hide the white women!

    Panic. Fear. Uncertainty.

    And now, a look at the weather…

    I watched 10 minutes of Fox&Friends last Friday, and three times they were implicating black people for crimes against whites. They showed a black school at lunch time talking about the economy, attacked a black kid who refused to stand for the pledge, and something defending Zimmerman.

    I thought to myself, “it’s too fucking early for race war stoking, fuckers.”

    • D_C_Wilson

      Unfortunately, to Fox, it’s never too early for race war stoking. White fear and resentment are built-in parts of Fox’s entire marketing strategy.

      • mrbrink

        It’s just really off-putting to see those evil little clown smiles over their bright and cheery facade trying really hard not to look like they’re hard-selling hate and division before I’ve had my coffee.

  • missliberties

    Just ask yourself, why is Karl Rove, Bush’s political adviser now being paid by Fox News to use Fox News as an arm of Crossroads Pac.

    Just quit saying ‘fair and balanced’ and call it was it is, a propaganda outlet.

    • Draxiar

      Ironically enough their tag line “fair and balanced” is propaganda.

      • missliberties

        Whoa.

        That is a keen observation.

        Just their slogan in and of itself is part of their propaganda.

    Somewhere there is a piece of paper covered with Karl Rove’s handwriting that lays out the full agenda (which he didn’t even show to Dubya and Darth)…

    1) 8 years of tilting the playing field as far to the right as possible
    2) Give Grampy McCain the nomination so the Dems will be guaranteed the White House
    3) 4 (possibly 8 — note to self, talk to the folks at Deibold) years of blaming the Dems for everything from the deficit to Iraq to Katrina
    4) 8 more years of tilting the playing field to the right
    5) PROFIT

  • ElayneB

    That is just the couch of stupid.