This is a Joke, Right?

via the NY Times

WASHINGTON — In the three years since he left office, former President George W. Bush has largely stayed out of the political arena. He has spent his time mapping out his library, making speeches, hosting injured veterans for Texas bicycle rides and making clear how glad he is to be out of the nation’s capital.

But gingerly, the 43rd president is beginning to add his voice back into the national dialogue. A month ago, he spoke publicly in favor of one of his defining domestic legacies, the tax cuts that still divide the country. Two months from now, he plans to publish a book outlining strategies for economic growth. And on Tuesday, he made a rare return to Washington to promote freedom overseas.

Former President George W. Bush. The man who killed the economy. Is going to publish a book outlining strategies for economic growth.

By all means, bring back George W. Bush. Parade him everywhere. Remind everyone about his presidency. Tell your friends.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in George W. Bush and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • ElayneB

    “Freedom overseas”. Does that mean the freedom for him to go overseas without getting arrested as a war criminal?

  • gescove

    Economic Strategery:
    1) Make sure our children is learning.
    2) Put food on our families.
    3) Be uniquely American and work 3 jobs.
    4) Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get
    fooled again.
    5) Get the human being and the fish to peacefully coexist.
    6) Take care of the haves and the have-more. After all, they are my base.
    7) Sell souvenir pieces of Iraqi WMD’s on eBay.
    8) I’m forgetting something… oh, yeah… Tax Cuts!
    9) ???
    10) Freedom!!

    • mrbrink

      Ha-ha!

      So much funny!

    • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

      Make sure that doctors can practice their love with their female patients.

    • D_C_Wilson

      You forgot:

      11) Make sure gynecologists can practice their love with women.

      (Every time I hear that one, I thank Jeebus he wasn’t talking about veterinarians).

  • mzmijewski

    Is there any proof that tax cuts for the wealth do anything but transfer the wealth of the country to the rich?

      No, but that never stopped them from beating that dead horse.

    • Zen Diesel

      Tax cuts for the wealthy has only worked in that alternate universe over at Fox News.

  • mrbrink

    Titles may include:

    “From Surplus to Deficit in Three Easy Steps.”

    “I Broke It, You Bought It.”

    “How To Succeed in Failure.”

    “Cutting Brush and Gutting People.”

    “Econo-Sutra”

    I’m guessing it’s going to be a pop-up book.

  • Zen Diesel

    Freedom Fries for everybody

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Great toilet reading material. And can double as toilet paper too, which is what this book is best used for.