What Dave Said

Wherein Late Show host David Letterman asks the questions that any sensible American not blinded by hate is asking themselves.

Williams’ highlighting that the media is who requested the anniversary interviews and not the administration is a point that is entirely lost on many.

(via The Obama Diary)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in President Obama and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    “Honest to God, can’t we give this guy anything?” Yeah, go Dave.
    I was realizing that this is an election where neither candidate has served in the armed forces. Not sure if that has happened before, but at 65, Romney is of the age that upon high school graduation he would have been eligible for the draft. If he got a deferment for college, he would have been eligible again upon graduation. This was a time most guys were sweating bullets for the fact you could get called up and sent off to the jungles. It was well known that those “fortunate sons” could call in favors to get out of service, or get a safe stateside appointment. Like GB got a coveted National Guard post. Of course in 2004, we found that a real decorated soldier could be discredited because he looked French or something, so military service doesn’t hold as much sway as it used to. But, Obama has proven himself to be a pretty good Commander in Chief, despite his non military background, with Lybia, Iraq, Osama, and eliminating those other Al queda guys whose names I can’t keep track of. So, really, give this guy some credit, as Romney probably bought his way out of the military back then.

    • rikyrah

      Willard spent the Vietnam years in France.

      NOT ONE Romney male has served in the Armed Forces

  • mrbrink

    Boooo, competency! Ignorance is power! Empathy is anti-American! President Obama is a failure!

    Signed,

    The Big Lie.

  • Scopedog

    Christ, Williams is an idiot.

    Just spewing the same old bull-plucky, not even bothering to say a bad thing about GWB.

    Screw him–if anyone wants to know why the media in the US sucks so much, this guy’s your prime example.

    “Going sideways”. What sort of bullshit is that?

      Williams was trying to appear “neutral”…..BS is right.

  • http://www.facebook.com/emily.tenney Emily Tenney

    I like where Dave says, “What more do we want this man to do for us?” At least we know there are still some people around who still have their heads screwed on right.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Thank you, David Letterman. Brian Williams could offer nothing, except to try and act funny.