What Was Cory Booker Thinking?

My Tuesday column for The Daily Banter begins like so…

Even though he obviously has some issues to overcome, I simply don’t believe the progressive love affair with Newark Mayor Cory Booker is over. On Meet the Press, the popular mayor inexplicably attacked the Obama team for demonizing Mitt Romney’s record with Bain Capital and likened it to the Republicans using Rev. Wright as a campaign issue.

“[F]rom a very personal level, I’m not about to sit here and indict private equity,” Booker said. He continued by saying that he’s “very uncomfortable with” the attacks on Bain. He added, “[T]his kind of stuff is nauseating to me on both sides.”

Ugh. The “both sides” meme and an infuriatingly false equivalence between Bain and Rev. Wright… CONTINUE READING HERE…

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Daily Banter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • majii

    IOWs, his plans for his future political career compel him to stand up for anyone/organization/firm that might contribute to his aspirations. Most of us Black Americans call folks like Booker a sellout.

  • muselet

    Considering all of the heinous things that could have happened, this [mid-level blunder], ultimately, is forgivable.

    Agreed, but Cory Booker doesn’t deserve automatic forgiveness. As far as I’m concerned, he’s going to have to work this one off over a considerable amount of time.

      For sure. I am so pissed off at him, I could spit nails.

  • agrazingmoose

    Booker’s comments are not inexplicable. He gets big money from private equity.

  • Brutlyhonest

    I turned on the TeeVee Sunday morning just as Booker was yammering. I don’t intentionally watch any of the Sunday morning shows any more as they are just more of the same blathering crap spewed to fill 24 hour “news” channels. Anyway, I groaned about the both sides crap, but knew that this would be blown completely out of proportion by the same purported “news” organizations because conflict, even if manufactured, is good for ratings.

    Too bad no one is discussing gregory’s lack of balance by saying, “Isn’t it unfair to characterize Rmoney as some sort of gordon gecko?” or words to that effect.