Worst Person in the World

The New York Post’s Phil Mushnick who, for some reason I cannot explain, thought this would be an acceptable thing to write and publish.

As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new “urban” home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment? Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N——s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B—-hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!

Fun fact: Jay-Z could buy the New York Post and take a piss on it if he wanted to.

Whether you’re a fan or not, Jay-Z is worth nearly a billion dollars, but he’ll never escape the stereotype attributed to him by conservatives columnists. Why? Because he’s black.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    Yeah, that should be a firing offense. But it’s Murdoch, so not so much.

  • http://profiles.google.com/jadopine Jim Oliver

    In Mushnick’s defense, it turns out Jay-Z is actually black.

    So as far as Mushnick can see, he is backed up by fact. Poor Mushnick can’t tell that Jay-Z is one of those GOOD blacks, the kind that became one of the 1%.

    It’s so tricky to keep all of THOSE people straight. They all look the same to Mushnick.

  • mrbrink

    “Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N——s”

    That’s ironic, considering that throughout the late 70’s and later, the NY Knicks(short for New York Knickerbockers) were called the New York “Niggerbockers” by the racist motherfuckers who thought the league was becoming too black, after years of white supremacy and black players being locked out of sports altogether.

    I read comments on NBA blogs, or mainstream news articles(NBA owners locking out the players this year was an eye-opening look into this undying mindset)and a lot of people seem to think that the players are overpaid, and therefore, “they haven’t watched an NBA game in years.” While owners are defended as just upstanding businessmen who have been dealt a tough hand in trying to deal with all these greedy players who’d be nowhere without the owners, or similar sentiments.

    But then look at ownership in sports. Who are the owners? You’ve got the Devos family, who own the Orlando Magic due to their Amway empire, while Dick Devos’s sister-in-law is married to Erik Prince. The whole family are a super pac of wingnut activists using their vast sums of money to do things like, fund Scott Walker’s recall defense– sending him $250,000 recently to swift boat democracy in Wisconsin. Or look at The Oklahoma City Thunder, owned by Clay Bennett– who is married to Louise Gaylord Bennett, the daughter of Oklahoma City media mogul Edward L. Gaylord. The Gaylords used to have shares in the Texas Rangers, who sold their shares to…George W. Bush– who invested $600,000 from his oil corp. venture, and got back $15 million when he cashed out. This, after scamming the city and state out of hundreds of millions in tax exemptions and increases to pay for the stadium costs and bottom lines. This is another favorite scam of certain sports team owners, especially conservative republicans, who extort cities to give them the land and resources they need to become “self-made” millionaires. While education and infrastructure suffer, these sports team owners laugh all the way to the bank. It’s a grotesque misuse of public resources.

    But then look at the St. Louis Rams, which Rush Limbaugh came very close to being an owner until enough people brought too much negative attention to a deal that would have gone down otherwise.

    Or the LA Dodgers, who were owned by Frank McCourt. McCourt, who purchased the team from Fox Entertainment Group, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation. After a messy divorce, McCourt bankrupted the Dodgers, but while the team’s finances were in trouble, it was FOX Entertainment floating him millions of dollars to continue the illusion of success. It was the McCourts who famously hired a Russian faith healer/physicist “to send some kind of cosmic positive vibes from New England to help the Dodgers win.”

    There are so many more stories in sports involving right wing (slave)owners, there are a few books devoted to their exploits. Follow the ownership-wormhole and you’ll uncover another dimension of sight and sound.

    So, yeah, if Jay-Z wants to call the New Jersey Nets the “New York N——s,” that would probably be fine with these skeevy motherfuckers.

    • muselet

      Not that it matters, but Frank and Jamie McCourt were pillaging the Dodgers (“using the team as their personal ATM” is the way most reporters phrased it) long before the divorce.

      And I can’t resist sharing this from LA Observed, 28 May 2011:

      The highlight for fans came in the fifth inning, when smoke began drifting across the Dodger Stadium reserved level. The game continued while those in the seats wondered about the distinct burning smell and made jokes to each other about Frank McCourt burning the place down for the insurance.

        Oh, I know. But the divorce proceedings began in 2009, which gave the McCourts a good couple years of fighting and pillaging before finally bankrupting the team mid-2011.

      • mrbrink

        By the way, I’m still laughing over this:

        “I’m quoting myself. I should be so ashamed. I’m not.”

        It tickles. Again and again. It’s the little things I love.

    • JMAshby

      This is why people who say “who cares? they’re all rich” drive me batty.

      It’s so much more complicated than that. And that kind of apathy is completely unsympathetic to the truth of the matter.