'You Are Not a U.S. Citizen.'

This guy is clearly an illegal immigrant trying to commit voter fraud in support of President Obama.

Bill Internicola is a 91-year-old, Brooklyn-born, World War II veteran. He fought in the Battle of the Buldge and received the Bronze Star for bravery. He’s voted in Florida for 14 years and never had a problem.

Three weeks ago, Bill received a letter from Broward County Florida stating “[Y]ou are not a U.S. Citizen” and therefore, ineligible to vote.

If your name ends in a vowel or perhaps a “z” you might be disenfranchised in Florida. No vote for you.

    When I was a teacher, I spent my summers working at a sleepaway camp in upstate New York. At the end of every summer is an event called “Color War,” where the camp population (campers and the counselor staff) is split up into two teams that compete athletically and rhetorically for five or six days as if their very lives depend on winning, until it finally ends and everyone comes back together and realizes how pointless the whole exercise was.

    As an adult staff member observing and judging the competition, and as an educator, I never liked Color War. My main complaint was that the staff who were competing set a very poor example for the children and inter alia failed, as so many adults do nowadays, to teach the kids how to lose. The message they sent to the kids was basically this: Either you won, or you were unfairly cheated out of winning by, e.g., the official(s), the other team, the splits, the field conditions, the scheduling, the equipment, and so forth. No one ever loses a game in Color War. No one ever simply gets outplayed, or loses because the other team was better or because of their own mistakes. You either won, or you got screwed over. The other team can only win by cheating or by having the officials fix the game for them.

    This is what’s happening with elections now. Either the person/party you voted for wins, or you were unfairly cheated out of winning by voter fraud, media bias, ACORN, Citizens United, public officials of the opposite party, etc.

    Losing is one thing. Knowing how to lose is another. Americans by and large don’t know how to lose.

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_GGWEZWT56RFM7EOA4CZPRDKINU Swift

      That’s an interesting story. But I’m not sure what it has to do with illegally removing a citizen’s right to vote.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        It’s peripherally related. This kind of thing happens because certain people of certain political persuasions scream “voter fraud!!!” when an election doesn’t turn out they way they wanted it to. The next logical step for those people is to try to prevent so-called “voter fraud” in advance by, inter alia, trying to prevent people who they don’t think should be voting, from voting.

        What they’re doing is trying to win by cheating, even though they think they’re trying to win by preventing the other side from cheating. Because plain, simple, actual, fair-and-square losing is something they simply cannot accept; it is simply not a possibility. Again, either you win or you were unfairly cheated out of winning. If you win, the contest was fair; if not, the contest was unfair, res ipsa loquitur.

        It is that lack of understanding of the distinction between fairness and winning that is instilled in childhood, that causes things like this to happen.

          I disagree with this: they think they’re trying to win by preventing the other side from cheating.

          They know they’re lying through their teeth while doing their best to rig the outcome, because they also know that they are on the losing side of history. They don’t give a flying fuck about history, though, and will continue to lie, cheat, illegally purge and otherwise falsify in order to attempt to maintain their positions of power for the rest of their lives.

          • GrafZeppelin127

            Fair enough, although one wonders at what point do deranged people start to believe their own bullshit.

            I had a principal once, at the most corrupt school in the City where I taught for one year, who was a demented sociopath, unable to distinguish reality from stuff that he made up in his own head. He acted on his own delusions as if they were real, and ran the school based on those psychotic fantasies.

            He was a pathological liar as well, but sometimes it was hard to tell if he was deliberately lying to accomplish a selfish end or speaking “truthfully” from within his own mind, which was itself inhabiting an imaginary universe. Maybe both.

            Either way, he was a sick, twisted SOB.

            The difference, as I see it, is an individual -v- collective thing. While there are most certainly individual Repellican sociopaths, I thought we were speaking of the movement as a whole, which must be categorized differently.

            Evil, sick, twisted and all that, but there are still a (very) few sane members who are directing the sociopathy for their own gain.

            IMO and YMMV and all that. :)

            I think you are ight Graf. I heard a Republican voter, supporter of Gov. Walker, say that she thought the recall was disenfranchising her vote in 2010. It kind of blew my mind because she really thought that having a recall was cheating and retroactively taking away her ability to vote. First of all, how stupid could she be?! She gets to vote in the recall. Second without a recall how could you get someone horrible out of office without having to wait years while they do more and more damage. And third, using her logic, any future election would automatically disenfranchise any vote you had previously taken if your candidate did not win again. I see this kind of mentality every weekend at my daughter’s soccer games, even from some of her teammates. Sometimes you just lose…the odds are very good, with 7 billion people on the planet, that there will always be someone faster, smarter, better….again, there are those who live in the real world and those who live in their bubble….far too many Americans live in glass bubbles.

  • morningsky

    Voting should be mandatory for all citizens of the country and state. The vote should take place over a 3 day time period partially on a weekend.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Disgusting!