A Little Something for Republicans Bitching About the Debt

This:

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE — The White House is insisting President Barack Obama will not extend the Bush-era tax cuts for wealthier Americans – even temporarily.

Obama spokesman Jay Carney said the president has been clear in his opposition to extending tax cuts for households with annual incomes above $250,000.

Tax cuts for people of all incomes are due to expire at year’s end.

Hey, they’re crapping their cages over the deficit and debt. Allowing the Bush tax cuts to sunset will take a big chunk out of both. You know who did something similar? Ronald Reagan. Raised taxes 11 times after he discovered his initial tax cuts were ballooning the deficit.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • agrazingmoose

    Cue the “Oh me oh my what about small business” crap.

    Scott Brown even used that line to justify his Senate career ending vote against the equal pay act.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    If Obama and the Democrats don’t win it all in November, you can be damned sure the Republicans will see to it the Bush tax cuts WILL be extended – and possibly lowered – by any means necessary. And they’ll likely succeed too.

    • Draxiar

      And the GOP will forget all about debt and deficit…y’know, until another Democrat gets elected.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Yup. The circle jerk of life continues.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Once all the voter suppression laws are in place, you’ll never have to worry about a democrat getting elected again!

    • MrDHalen

      I will buy stock in all the makers of duct tape, because that’s what will be used to repair our nations failing infrastructure.

      • muselet

        Duct tape? Too expensive. We’ll be lucky if they use papier mâché and the occasional wad of bubble gum.

        –alopecia

        • MrDHalen

          When Republicans fully cross over into their pretend world, fallen bridges will in fact still be up and cracked roads will be smooth as glass.

          The cult marches onward to the cliff!!!

    • D_C_Wilson

      Remember, tax cuts pay for themselves!

      • bphoon

        And deficits don’t matter–remember, Reagan proved that!