Best Persons

Fifth-grade student Kameron Slade from New York was removed from a school contest after basing his speech on the discussion and acceptance of same-sex marriage.

He had the last laugh by delivering his speech to a local news station instead.

I was originally going to say the school principal is among the world’s worst persons for removing him, which he is, but Slade should be the focus, not him.

And it’s worth mentioning that President Obama has made it socially acceptable for the young African-American Kameron Slade to say these things.

(via ThinkProgress)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Best Persons and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_a_c

    The principal is your pal.
    I’m talking about the spelling. ;-)

    But yes, good for this kiddo.

    • JMAshby

      Ha! Never heard that one before.

  • muselet

    Watching that video made my day a lot brighter.

    –alopecia

  • jmby

    Kameron Slade and the rest of his generation will usher in the end of gender, race and sexual orientation discrimination. I truly and firmly believe this, and hope I’m here to support them all along the way. We should all be proud of this child.

  • rikyrah

    thank you, young Mr. Slade.

    and the child shall lead.

  • mrbrink

    This is exactly why president Obama must be stopped!

    Or re-elected.