Birtherism Still Won’t Die

This is a new take on Birtherism.

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett says he’s now convinced the president was born in Hawaii, however he now believes the president lied about being born in Kenya to get into college.

Secretary of State Ken Bennett says he’s convinced Obama was born in Hawaii, but he now believes the president fraudulently claimed to be born in Kenya so he could get into college. He also believes the president has spent millions of dollars since then to cover it up.

The co-chairman of Mitt Romney’s campaign in Arizona, Bennett made the comments recently at an event where he pleaded for local Republicans to unite behind their party’s presumptive nominee for president. He told them a world under Obama is “just very, very scary.”

The Secretary of State of Arizona says the president spent money to cover up a fake place of birth to distract from the fact that he was really born in Hawaii? Really? Has Bennett been paying too much attention to Donald Trump?

As you may recall, Ken Bennett recently embarrassed the state of Arizona after demanding proof from the state of Hawaii that President Obama was born there. Now it looks like he’s back to finish the job.

Claiming the president lied about his place of birth to get into college is little more than calling him an affirmative action president. This is racist code-speak.

They simply cannot accept the legitimacy of the president. Not unless he spontaneously turns white.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • desertflower1

    As a taxpaying citizen of the Great Hate State of Arizona, I sent SOS Bennett an email this morning telling him that I’m SO glad that he wasn’t finished embarrassing AZ, yet again! We can STILL keep out dubious #1 rating for stupid idiots, thanks, in part, to him.
    Yes, it was snark, but if I ranted on him like I wanted to, he’s have probably sent Sheriff Joe over to arrest me….the stupid hurts.

      It is embarrassing to live in AZ! I think I will go send Mr. Bennett a missive myself.

      • desertflower1

        Yes…it IS embarrassing to live here. I wonder why I moved from my liberal bastion to this sometimes:) The ONLY way that this bs will stop, is if everyone realizes that EVERY election is important and VOTES! In order to return to some sanity, we need to clean house in this place. Big time! And while we’re at it, the RW loons in the House and Senate …nationally, need to go.They are standing in the way of progress, and in the way of Americans that want to move forward…
        Send him an email and let him know…remember, HE works for YOU!! Not the other way around. Talk to your friends and neighbors and give them the truth…educate yourself and don’t back down with the truth:) I’m right there with you!

    • Nefercat

      Not to worry! I understand Sheriff Joe is much too busy making six year old little girls cry to be bothering you.

    Hmm. This sounds a lot like the bullshit they’ve been flinging at Elizabeth Warren lately.

    If this drags on long enough they’ll be accusing the president of ripping tags off of mattresses.

    • Nefercat

      And armchairs!

    • agrazingmoose

      That was what I thought when I read this. But, it hasn’t worked in MA – yet.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    I hereby dub this, “reverserism.”

  • bphoon

    I’ve concluded, unfortunate as it is, that it is an exercise in futility to try to argue with these dipshits. There is no truth you can use to pull them out of their bubble: after all, they’re convinced they have a corner on the truth market. They’re completely and irrevocably invested emotionally in their fantasy world and no amount of truth telling or fact flinging will change that.

    Better to try to identify independents and work with them. They’re the ones who swing elections and, at least in some cases, will listen to a cogent, common-sense argument that focuses on issues that will impact them where it counts–in their pocketbooks and in their homes.

    Polls show that a full 20% of likely voters say they won’t vote for a Mormon–and that’s just the ones who will admit that. There are also, surprisingly, some moderate Republicans left who are disgusted with what their party’s up to. Example: my step-Mom, in her eighties, is a life-long, conservative Kansas Republican. She’s absolutely disgusted at how leading Republicans act, both in this state and nationally. She told me the other day that she’s leaning toward voting for Obama. This, after telling me not so long ago that she thought he was in over his head.

    So, there’s hope…