Doof Quote of the Day

Joe “Deadbeat Dad” Walsh has some advice for Mitt Romney, and I for one hope Mitt is listening.

WALSH: It’s a good thing in this country, Tammy Duckworth, to make money. That is a good thing. I wish Mitt Romney would be proud of that. I wish Romney walked around every day in this campaign and said, “you know what? I’m real successful. Hey you know what America? I’m a rich guy! In fact, you might call me wealthy. That’s me, Mitt Romney. You know what? I worked my butt off to get this way. And you know what? I want you to be rich like me.” Don’t shy away from that! Rejoice in that!

Dear Mitt Romney — please immediately take Joe Walsh’s advice and include “I’m rich bitch” in all of your stump speeches.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • burbank_burt

    Bob, I concur. I think “I’m rich bitch” would be a great bumper sticker as well as painted on his campaign bus. I think he should make himself more appealing to the younger voters by calling himself “Richy Rom.”

  • Draxiar

    What Joey fails to mention when he claims “Romney worked his butt off” is that he did it by legally extorting and in many cases destroying companies (THE definition of vulture capitalism) where part of the collateral damage was “firing people”.

    And here’s a question for Romney since he is what the GOTP has labeled a “job creator”: How many employees does he have working for him (his campaign doesn’t count) as a result of the Bush Tax Cuts?

    I know *I’m* curious.

    • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

      The claim that Walsh (and the entire GOP) is making is that having more money = working harder. Every laborer, housewife, and police officer in American should be asked “Do you think Mitt Romney works harder than you? Because that’s what his party is claiming.”

      As for the “Job Creators” thing, democrats and the media need to start asking about the “Job Doers” and why they should make so much less than the people who hire and fire.

      What is also not mentioned is that Romney was born wealthy. He’s never had to work at all.

      • agrazingmoose

        Not to mention all those influential contacts that wealth provides.

      • Draxiar

        I do think it would be interesting to see how he would do if he wasn’t born into wealth…that goes for Trump the Hair too…and the Koch’s…and…

        Ha! That’s hilarious. I saw that on your blog about a week ago and it’s still hilarious.

      • Draxiar

        I guess that answers my question…thanks Nicole!

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    does he know that being successful does not equate to being rich? i would agree that being rich is a good thing when it comes along with earning it in an admirable way. Also, it is also good to successful and not be rich…many teachers are having giant effects on many kids lives and really are not rich – regardless of what the anti-union crowd says about teachers’ pay and “fat” pensions…Mitt Romney would jump out a window if his current wealth dropped from what it is today (without really working for a while) to a lifetime compensation package of a high school teacher in the top 10% of lifetime earnings compared to other high school teachers.

  • trgahan

    Have you ever noticed that people who continually talk about some personal virtue (ie. how nice, smart, experienced, etc they are) the more they lack that quality? Really hard working people don’t walk around making sure everyone around them knows they are hard working. I’ve never had a maid who cleans a 200 room motel by herself stop me in hall to tell me just how hard she works hard.
    Vulture capitalism is easy when your dad floats you the 10’s of millions of dollars to buy and rape your first company. Once you can show you can do it, other people line up to give you money to keep doing it.

  • nathkatun7

    OT-Has Walsh caught up paying child support? What’s really wrong with voters who voted to send to Congress a dead beat dad (Joe Walsh) and a criminal thief (Darrell Issa)? What’s wrong with the media that takes these corrupt people seriously while neglecting to inform the American people about their true backgrounds?

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

    But see, that would have required Rmoneybot2012 to have actually WORKED for his money, instead of getting it handed to him and then gutting businesses for the rest.