Newt Gingrich Confirms the Truth

My column yesterday focused on the the most recent Romney gaffe in which he criticizing the president for wanting to hire more teachers, police officers and firefighters. One of my main points was to illustrate that Republicans are against this — they just don’t often say it out loud.

Newt Gingrich confirmed my theory.

KING: The president says use federal dollars to help. Governor Romney says no. [...]

GINGRICH: We have to come to grips with how big the challenge is, and does that mean there will be fewer teachers? The honest answer is yes.

Thanks, Mr. Speaker.

  • Buffalodavid

    Besides, in Newt’s world, students don’t need teachers. They need janitorial supervisors.

  • lib4

    How do people vote Republican. Seriously they are advocating cutting teachers to pay for military arms and tax cuts that solely benefit the wealthy. I am stunned he would say it out loud. Stunned.

      I am constantly wondering the same thing. And I am usually thinking about it in terms of evangelicals. The republican party is against everything they are supposed to stand for, and yet evangelicals overwhelmingly support the party that has lined itself up against the poor and the disenfranchised. The very people evangelicals and Catholics are supposed to care about the most. Go figure…

      • bphoon

        In today’s world, at least as far as I can see, the last person Evangelicals want to emulate is Jesus.

      • D_C_Wilson

        It’s all about teh gay and abortion. Evangelicals could be eating out a dumpster, but they’d be happy so long as they didn’t have to acknowledge either existed.