Next Stop, Syndication After Limbaugh

If you ever want your own right-wing talk radio show, they’re handing them out to anyone with a pulse. Also, try saying something horribly racist, like Arizona talk radio host Barbara Espinosa who called the president a “monkey” on her show yesterday.

“I don’t believe in calling him the first black president,” she said, “I voted for the white guy myself. I call him a monkey.”

Clear Channel and Premiere Radio Networks will be fighting over this crackpot — if they haven’t already started the bidding war, that is.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Didn’t Howard Cosell basically get forced out of broadcasting because of a comment like that…which he had also used for white athletes and his grandkids…which wasn’t meant to be racist?

    And here she says it as a racist remark and treats it as a badge of honor. Ah the pride and nobility never stops with these fucking people.

    I wonder how she’d feel if Rushy (or anyone) called her a slut or some other derogatory name for a woman…

    Can we, as a collective species, finally think in terms of the human race instead of races of humans? Will we ever get to that point? I’m a hopeful person that we can…I may not be alive to see it…but I’m hopeful.

    • KAboink

      I remember the issue with Howard Cosell and I think it actually forced him to leave Monday Night Football broadcasts. You raise a good point about being ‘back in the day’, when there was some decorum, some truth, some accountability and there was the fairness doctrine to protect the public interest from all the bullshit we see today. Those were the days of Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow, but the truth doesn’t matter on US teevee news anymore. It’s all about ratings, flashy graphics and reality-show bickering between animated talking heads and then the talkshow host simply says……we’ll have to leave it there…as they break to sell you insurance.
      Quite sad indeed.

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    Hell, Bob, with that little bit of on-air performance art she may just skip the radio stuff and go straight to a talking head gig over at the FOX News Channel.

    This country has become the refuge for the cruel and ignorant. A place where this kind of despicable bullshit is rewarded.

    Makes me sick.

  • bleedingheartliberal6

    You know, I was just thinking about all this disrespect for our President. There is one guy in the GOP who could lead the way out of this ugly hole the Republicans have moved into. Joe Wilson. Yes, the “you lie” guy. Political suicide? Probably. But he is uniquely in the position to tell his party trash- mouths that he was wrong to disparage the office of the President, and so are they. At least, he could leave political office with some integrity. And, his legacy won’t stop at being the guy who heckled the President during a SOTU address.

    • burbank_burt

      Don’t hold your breath.
      Even money says he’ll be doubling down* on FOX soon.

      * Is any one else as tired of this phrase as I am?

      /

        *yes, but it so damn applicable with Rethugs

      • Draxiar

        Completely tired of that phrase- done with that phrase. How about “digging in” or “ramping up” maybe even “going full force”.

        “Doubling Down” makes me feel like a poker chip being gambled away…which of course…that’s how us little people are seen as…poker chips.

  • rob black

    Further proof of Charlie Peirce’s “freedom to be dicks” theme. How can these people be poling this close? Is their any group outside of elderly white people they haven’t attacked yet? When, for instance, people point out that Obama leads Romnard 63% to 21% among Latinos, I wonder, who are the 21% and what are they thinking? Who are the teachers, police, firefighters, auto workers, Latinos, gays, African Americans who are actually going to vote for Willard fucking Romney?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Well, I’ll give this woman credit for being honest about her out and out disgusting racism. That is all.

  • muselet

    “With a last name of Espinosa I’m anything but racist.”

    No, madam, that’s not how it works.

    Watching Righties struggle to figure out social norms is like watching little kids try to tell jokes.

      My first boyfriend was Hispanic – well, Cuban, actually. I remember how shocked I was to hear him make a racist comment, and I asked him how he, a person with brown skin, could condemn another person with brown skin, solely on the basis of that brown skin.

      That was the end of that short-lived relationship. :)

      I learned, however, that anyone, of any skin color, can be a racist.