Progress!

Another judge noticed that DOMA is unconstitutional:

The Defense of Marriage Act suffered another defeat in federal court Wednesday when a New York district judge ruled the statute unconstitutional.

The ruling came in response to a lawsuit filed by Edie Windsor, who had claimed that the government had undermined her marriage to her partner, Thea Spyer, when Spyer passed away in 2009.

If we work really hard for the president and the Democrats this year and they win back a majority in the House (and the president is re-elected, of course) DOMA will be repealed. If not, who knows when it’ll happen. Romney and Congress certainly won’t do it.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    And you can’t expect the Star Chamber Supreme Court – with the Douchenozzle Five – will overturn it if it gets that far.

  • D_C_Wilson

    But Mitt Romney promised he’d be “better than Ted Kennedy” on gay rights.

    Oh wait, that was Romney 1.0 when he was running for governor. The 2.0 version deleted that feature.

    • muselet

      Some time ago, Steve Benen (I think) added it up and decided we were at Romney 5.0—who knows what version we’re up to at this point.

      –alopecia