Quote of the Day

“As we recognize Pride month, I want to personally thank all of our gay and lesbian service members, LGBT civilians, and their families for their dedicated service to our country.

Before the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” you faithfully served your country with professionalism and courage. And just like your fellow service members, you put your country before yourself.

And now—after repeal, you can be proud of serving your country, and be proud of who you are when in uniform.

The pursuit of equality is fundamental to the American story. The successful repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” proved to the Nation that just like the country we defend, we share different backgrounds, different values, and different beliefs—but together, we are the greatest military force in the world.” Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta

Change we can believe in. Right there.

And I would be remiss if I didn’t note that a Romney administration would re-instate DADT.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • eljefejeff

    I believe one day this will be regarded almost in the same light as Harry Truman integrating the armed forces, an act both courageous and like “well duh, it’s about time”