Repeal and Replace: Immigration Edition

The Romney campaign strategy for appealing to Latino voters appears to involve insulting their intelligence to their faces with platitudes.

via USAToday

Mitt Romney said today he’ll “replace and supersede” a recently imposed Obama administration order that halts the deportation of some illegal immigrants brought to the USA as children.

In his first extended remarks since Obama’s order last week, Romney outlined his ideas on immigration and tied them to his proposals on the economy. The presumptive GOP nominee made his remarks in a speech to NALEO, a group of Hispanic elected and appointed officials, in Orlando.

“Some people have asked if I will let stand the president’s executive action. The answer is that I will build my own long-term solution that will replace and supersede the president’s temporary measure,” Romney said.

Romney’s address to NALEO was exceedingly hyped over the last week and he used the opportunity to say nothing of any consequence.

President Obama, meanwhile, will not only say what NALEO wants to hear, he’ll also follow up and actually do it. And I have no doubt that comprehensive immigration reform will be a centerpiece of a second term much the same way healthcare reform was during the president’s first term.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Immigration and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KanaW

    “The answer is that I will build my own long-term solution that will replace and supersede the president’s temporary measure,”

    That statement is as disgusting as John McCain saying he knew how to catch Bin Laden but wasn’t going to tell anyone unless he was elected.

    What is wrong with these people? *sighs in despair*

  • mrbrink

    Greetings, Americans and aliens!

    Mitt Romney showed up to speak to Latinos and all they heard was Gorman Seedling, INS Deputy Commissioner.

    “Attention! return to your port of embarkation. There is no work for you in the United States. You have no job skills. You will be a drag on our economy. We appreciate your situation, but we have problems of our own. Thank you.”

    Fail.