Republicans Really Don't Like the Police

In Indiana, it’s even okay to use deadly force against them:

Police officers in Indiana are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. It was signed by Republican Governor Mitch Daniels in March.

I wonder if Mitt Romney supports this law. Someone should ask him.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Please don’t ask Romney. I can’t bear hearing his stupid Butt-head laugh even one more time.

  • JackDaniel07

    If they are gubbernint employees they arent real people anyways

    Speaking of which, Ezra sat in for Rachel last night and made a very clear and awesome argument about govt workers BEING REAL PEOPLE….a theme you hark on often Bob

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

    “…a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes.”

    Isn’t the key here the word “unlawfully”? Considering cops can often act above the law, and it includes being within a home, should we really have an issue with this?

      What this means is that any whacko with a gun can off any police officer who enters his house if he claims that the now dead officer was doing something unlawful.

      It’s a bad idea, but runs right along with the right wing desire to take us back to the old and wild West.

      • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

        It’ll be fun to watch the right twist themselves into a pretzel when some junkie uses this as a defense.

          Which is exactly what will happen!

      • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

        “What this means is that any whacko with a gun can off any police officer who enters his house if he claims that the now dead officer was doing something unlawful. ”

        If the cop has a warrant or clear probable cause, the wacko goes to jail.

  • Scopedog

    Did G. Gordon Liddy help write this law?

    Remember back in the ’90s when he basically called for people to shoot at any Federal Agent (in the aftermath of Waco)?

    If this isn’t further proof that the modern GOP is 100% nuts, I don’t know what else will prove it. And I’m quite sure that I’m still going to see shit on other sites claiming that “both parties are the same”. Bullshit.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    How small was the penis of the whackadoodle that came up with this lamebrained idea?

  • villemar

    They should call it the Richard Poplawski Law.