The Bomb Iran Super PAC

It’s “time to act” on Iran according to a new ad from the Bomb Iran Super PAC founded by William “The Bloody” Kristol. The man who got it wrong on Iraq and gets it wrong on damn near everything else.

The Emergency Committee for Israel (ECI) released a new ad today suggesting that the U.S. should immediately bomb Iran. Among those behind the ECI and its ad are the same people who pushed the U.S. into the Iraq war.

The ad from ECI, a group which aims to push pro-Israel voters away from President Obama and is headed up by Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, tells viewers in its new commercial that Obama is insufficiently committed to preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon and concludes, “Now it’s time to act,” followed by an explosion.

I remain unconvinced, but I have no problem with Kristol wasting his money running this ad, because if there’s one thing I’m absolutely certain that a majority of all Americans agree with President Obama on, it’s that we don’t want another war.

If the Right Wing is looking for someone to blame for the loss of their war mojo, they need only look in a mirror and observe a legacy of foreign policy blunders.

And if his recent rhetoric is to be believed, Mitt Romney agrees with Bill Kristol, by the way.

(via ThinkProgress)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Foreign Policy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

    Ratheon and various other contrators are probably funding the Super PAC.

  • eljefejeff

    ‘The man who got it wrong on Iraq and gets it wrong on damn near everything else.’

    I think you can remove the words “damn near”

  • Brutlyhonest

    Haha! And to think I was just reminiscing about when the neocons were selling weapons to sworn enemy EYE-ran.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    The American people don’t want another war, but they’re also dumb enough to elect Mitt Romney and get one anyway.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Sad, but likely true.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Iran has been “on the verge” of getting a nuclear weapon for over a decade. At what point will crying wolf stop working?

    • KanaW

      Never, unfortunately.

  • trgahan

    I’m not a political strategist by any means, but somehow I don’t think “There is not enough war!” platform will be a very effective tactic this year. Of course, this commercial is meant for people who would never be negatively affected (either directly or indirectly) by military action in Iran, but want it to happen more than anything.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “…because if there’s one thing I’m absolutely certain that a majority of all Americans agree with President Obama on, it’s that we don’t want another war.”

    Don’t be so certain of that. If Romney and the Republicans win it all in November, they’ll find a way to convince the American public they’ll want a war with Iran. Just look at how easy it was for Bush and fiends to sell their idea of invading Iraq.