The Five: Being a Minority in America is Awesome

That’s what The Five thinks.

Gutfeld: “If you’re black, you also have advantages.”

Perino: “And if you’re at a university and you happen to be, uh, not white, you have advantages. All the advantages, right?”

Wrong.

This reminds me of Pat Buchanan’s infamous A Brief for Whitey column in which he wrote that white people have been excellent to African Americans. You know, food stamps and whatnot.

None of these doofs understand that white people have subjected minorities in America to unspeakable atrocities — from slavery to concentration camps to genocide. All of it. So any leg-up that’s offered by way of affirmative action is a very small consolation after centuries of buying and selling black people like cattle or eradicating almost all indigenous tribal people.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Fox News Channel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Miranda

    They have absolutely no shame. None. Have the morals of a snuff film producer.

    • muselet

      What a terrible insult to snuff film producers.

      –alopecia

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    And, of course, if you were to ask any of these enlightened souls if they’d willingly trade places with any of these minorities who have all of these terrific advantages, even for just one day, they’d outwardly say, “Yes,” but inwardly they’d be thanking God with every fiber of their wretched beings that they don’t have to actually back that up, because inside, deep down, they know their rhetoric is unmitigated crap.

    Christ. Can’t we give them their own island somewhere in the Indian Ocean or something? They can keep the name “America”, we’ll be the United States.

    I can’t stand these people anymore.

    • Nefercat

      No, no, they can call their country Amercia and Romney can be their King.

  • Draxiar

    The ignorance of these four smarmy fuckwits is blinding.

  • i_a_c

    You guys are well aware of the demographic trends. In just a few decades, nonwhites will make up the majority of the U.S. population.

    I’ve posted a little about this before. What you’re seeing on the right wing is the death knell of white male privilege in this country. Seeing the inevitable, certain factions are lashing out at perceived injustices against whites in order to keep the societal advantages they were born with.

    This is exacerbated by a couple of things. Recessions have a history of increasing racial resentment and anti-immigrant sentiment as struggling people look for someone to blame. Also, I don’t think you can discount the fact that this country elected its first black president, a symbol to some as the end of whites’ control over society.

    So what are you to do if you’re a white Republican barely clinging to power? First, have your propaganda machine (Fox) bash minorities for all of the “advantages” they have over whites. Then, you actively try to stop these people from voting. Just over the past week, the Texas GOP’s platform included repeal of the Voting Rights Act, a Pennsylvania Republican admitted that “Voter ID” is just an attempt to disenfranchise Democratic constituencies, and Rick Scott is purging thousands of voters from the rolls in Florida. It’s really Jim Crow II happening before our eyes.

    • MrDHalen

      You’re exactly correct! The question now is how much damage are these individuals going to do on their way out?

      White male privilege is a hell of a drug!!!

      • i_a_c

        As a white male, I can affirm that I can’t put the crack pipe down.

  • Brutlyhonest

    The only thing easier than being black is being half-black ….