The Impeachment of President Obama Has Begun

The big column from yesterday is pretty scary, but there’s no way to candy-coat this. The Republicans are setting the table.

In the last 24 hours, there have been hints and rumblings from the congressional Republicans that they’re setting the table for a potential second term stab at impeachment again.

On Fox News the other day, Senate Minority Leader and Albino Sleestak Mitch McConnell, the most powerful Republican in the Senate, accused the president of a high crime — literally a scandalous crime similar to Watergate, without the bungled break-in. Continued here…

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Daily Banter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • bphoon

    Their version of a coup d’etat.

    I note that Cal Thomas in his opinion piece today is accusing President Obama of circumventing the Constitution and usurping Congress’ powers through such things as his executive order stopping deportations of illegals of a certain age who were brought here by their parents and his refusal to defend DOMA. He says a president can’t simply decide which laws he’s going to enforce and which he isn’t. Calls him an emperor and a dictator.

    He seems to forget the innumerable signing statements produced by and other potential Constitutional violations (especially by his stated measures in today’s article) committed by President Bush…

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Cal Thomas is the very definition of a douchebag.

  • desertflower1
    • D_C_Wilson

      You say that like facts are supposed to matter. Impeachment is no longer for high crimes and misdemeanors. It’s for the sin of being a democrat.

      • desertflower1

        HA! Point well taken…absolutely. All I can say is, I’m SO over their bullshit.

  • desertflower1

    AH! Nancy Pelosi nails this! Seems the REAL REASON for Issa’s witch hunt is that AG Holder does his job TOO WELL! We can’t have all those POC voting in this election! How are we going to steal this if people turn out to vote? Holder is interfering with all these voter fraud investigations, and the RW can’t have that!!
    http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/Why_Pelosi_Is_Correct_Today

  • villemar

    To quote the guy from Swingers, “Roll up, Bitch! Roll up!!”

    Seriously, roll up. What you got Issa? Do it.

      I wish to hell he would. I am dead tired of these thugs, and I want a reason, an excuse, to fight!

  • JWheels

    I would love to see the Republicans do this… because it just worked out so well for them politically back in the 90s…

    Question: How will they be getting the two thirds vote in the Senate needed to convict? Or are these people just hateful idiots out to waste their time and everyone else’s out of pure spite? Never mind, it looks like my questions were already answered 14 years ago.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Well, they can always take it to the Republican Star Chamber… Supreme Court. It’s worked for them in the past.