They Aren’t Serious

Senator Rand Paul, libertarian boy-wonder, endorsed Mitt Romney last night. And if you know anything about either of their philosophies, you would know how little sense this makes.

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky endorsed Mitt Romney for president Thursday night, but he made clear he’d prefer someone else.

“My first choice had always been my father. I campaigned for him when I was 11-years-old. He’s still my first pick,” the tea party favorite told Fox News’ Sean Hannity. “But now that the nominating process is over, tonight I’m happy to announce that I’m going to be supporting Gov. Mitt Romney.”

Rand Paul is so libertarian he thinks the Civil Rights Act was a mistake and that it was some kind of gross overreach by the government. Mitt Romney, meanwhile, gave birth to the original ancestor of Obamacare, including the individual mandate. Mitt Romney personally persuaded the Democratic members of the Massachusetts state legislature to support the individual mandate.

There’s nothing even remotely libertarian about Mitt Romney other than some of the rhetoric he has recently adopted. And saying your first pick is Ron Paul, but Mitt Romney will do, proves that you stand for absolutely nothing.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Randy is being a good soldier. He knows his chances of getting the nomination in 2016 or 2020 will be better than his dad’s if he plays the insider.

  • mrbrink

    Goose stepping motherfuckers.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “And saying your first pick is Ron Paul, but Mitt Romney will do, proves that you stand for absolutely nothing.”

    Other than “anyone but that nigg… the current president.”

  • mhr52

    He is getting a lot of flak from us for this. And he will have to press a hard bargain in 2016 and 2020. Right now, he wont have my vote.