What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Uh-oh. If Romney wins, it’ll be 2001-2008 all over again on foreign policy.

A long-time Republican activist who has been in contact with some of the Romney camp’s more centrist elements said that moderates “are very concerned about the fact that if Romney needs to call anyone, his instinct is to call the Cheney-ites.”

This is a reference to acolytes of former Vice President Dick Cheney. Several top former Cheney aides are among Romney’s advisers.

It’s remarkable how many voters are ready to choose a 10-year backslide into that dark pit of despair.

  • http://twitter.com/Zirgar Zirgar

    Well, it certainly wouldn’t backfire. Nope, it would be a full-on hail of buckshot to the face.

  • Mikeatmartel

    Oh not much, more deployments and stress on the military. Greater military spending. Cutting V. A. services, as we all know once a person is out of the service they are just a drag on resources, especially if they are wounded in some way. Tax cuts for the job creators, less concern for the working class. Don’t mention Paul Ryan and his budget to promote poverty. Oh yeah, maybe Wolfowitz licking his comb. Great times.

    Not only are right wing voters ready to go back, as if they know more than they are scared of basically modernity, we have people on our side ready to claim it wouldn’t make any difference who is in office.

    • bphoon

      On the up side, maybe Romney’s economic advisers would start subscribing to Cheney’s statement that, “…deficits don’t matter–Reagan proved that.”

      • Brutlyhonest

        Of course they’ll go back to that belief system once they’re in charge!

      • D_C_Wilson

        But only when a republican is in a White House.

        If Romney wins, not only will we be at war with Iran and possibly Syria, but every teabagger in the country will forget how outraged they were about the deficit.

  • SlapFat

    I told you Cesca! I told you man! The ACA has been upheld! The A-C-A has been upheld!

    Now go for it! Obama 2012!

  • Brutlyhonest

    Don’t forget that this cabal of neocons were also the “brains” behind befriending uncle Saddam & shoveling money at him to buy (mostly Russian) weapons so he would kick Iran’s ass for throwing us out. Also, too: they are the same guys who then sold weapons to post-revolution Iran – you know, the evil one they’re all pushing to bomb now.

    It will never cease to amaze me how they guy who was President during Iran-Contra is hailed as the one who must not be maligned, yet the guy who lied about getting a blowjob committed an impeachable offense.