30 Percent of Republicans Agree

30 percent of Republicans agree that the president is a Muslim.

From the latest Pew poll

They weren’t going for vote for him anyway, but what’s remarkable to me is the sharp increase from 2008. In 2008 it was at least plausible that some people simply didn’t know, but it’s been four years since then and the president obviously hasn’t been praying to Mecca multiple times per day in the White House.

If he really is a secret Muslim, he sure has put on a good show. Especially that part where he was supposedly indoctrinated by the Christian Reverend Wright.

We should also keep in mind that the same 30 percent of the Lunatic Base still believes George W. Bush was a great president and that the Apollo Moon landing was filmed on a sound stage.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Poll and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • BenAu

    Um, what’s with the 8% of Democrats??? Are these the last remaining “Southern Democrats”?

    • http://twitter.com/BlueTrooth Rich Baska

      There’s still a few PUMAs out there.

  • agrazingmoose

    This is what you get when you ask about the “beliefs” of people that pay no attention to facts, statistics, science, history, or economics.

  • D_C_Wilson

    It’s just like birtherism. They believe it because they want to. As Lee Atwater noted, they can’t call him “n*igger” anymore because racial epithets are no longer acceptable in decent society.

    Islamaphobia, however, is perfectly acceptable. Especially on the right. They need some label to pin on him as the “other” or to use Mitt’s new favorite word, “foreign”.

    • http://twitter.com/kerryreid Kerry Reid

      Oh, I’m betting Atwater will be proven wrong before this election is over.