All The Maturity of a Little Boy

Former conservative child prodigy Jonathan Krohn has responded to the intense criticism directed at him after he changed his mind and decided he’s liberal, and I’m still laughing.

But then, earlier this week, Politico released an interview in which I announced I wasn’t a conservative anymore — and the proverbial crap hit the fan. Since then, I have been treated by the political right with all the maturity of schoolyard bullies. The Daily Caller, for instance, wrote three articles about my shift, topping it off with an opinion piece in which they stated that I deserved criticism because I wear “thick-rimmed glasses” and I like Ludwig Wittgenstein. Why don’t they just call me “four-eyes”? These are not adults leveling serious criticism; these are scorned right-wingers showing all the maturity of a little boy. No wonder I fit in so well when I was 13.

I haven’t checked, but if Rush Limbaugh or Tucker Carlson referred to Krohn as “four-eyes,” or said that someone should give him a wedgie sometime over the past week, I wouldn’t be surprised. Frat boy humor is their forte.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lazarus Durden

    Wow if this young man likes Wittgenstein at 17 then bravo to him! I didn’t pick up Wittgenstein or Proust until I was well into my undergraduate. Kudos.

    “These are not adults leveling serious criticism”

    Welcome to the Modern Republican Party, where verbal bullying has become their primary form of communication with the rest of the world.

      Bullying is not just their primary form of communication, it’s become their raison d’etre ;)

      • Lazarus Durden

        That’s because you libs can’t even speak the true language: English! If it was good enough for Jesus it’s good enough for me!

        LOL I actually heard a fellow “student” scream that at a professor as she stormed out of History of Christianity.

  • http://www.facebook.com/Novak83 Ed Novak

    I’d just like to say that four years ago, when this kid first made the waves, I commented that I was a delusional, ultra-conservative dork at 13, too. I predicted that as he grew up, he’d relax and turn into a genuinely good dude.

    Sometimes, being right is pretty nice.

    • Lazarus Durden

      I was the same way up until 2000, I supported John McCain, but after Bush got it I didn’t even bother to vote. I felt Gore was a pompous ass, and Bush was an idiot. But I was Conservative, more Libertarian, back then. I hated the Neo-Cons even then. It wasn’t until post 9/11 that I became a progressive after the right wing insanity kicked in.

  • http://twitter.com/eaglesfanintn eaglesfanintn

    I heard a clip of Rush Limbaugh and one of his moron listeners saying that 18 year old’s shouldn’t be allowed to vote. When I was that age, I would have voted for Romney. I emulated Alex P. Keaton. They would have loved for me to vote. Now, they’d probably like to take that right away from me.

    Republicans, the party of 13 year old boys. Is that as creepy as it sounds?

    • bphoon

      Creepier.

  • Treading_Water

    “If a 14-year-old can deliver your message, it’s not because he’s gifted. It’s because intellectually, you’re a child.”

    Bill Maher.

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/23/maher-conservatism-is-not-a-philosophy-its-just-about-being-a-dick/”

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Bill Maher is so laughing his ass off right now.

      • D_C_Wilson

        He really timed it perfectly. He made that monologue just a few days before Krohn announced his political shift.

        • Victor_the_Crab

          What’s interesting is that Maher hasn’t said a peep about this since. Real Time is on vacation ’till the middle of August, and nothing stated in his Twitter account.

  • bphoon

    No wonder I fit in so well when I was 13.

    Very well said.