America The Beautiful

This may be the most effective campaign ad I’ve ever seen.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • roxsteady

    Spot on Ashby and I’ll tell you something else. This ad is burning up the interwebs today and the commenters are loving it! Unless of course you’re a troll. There’s also a really good reason why this ad is so good. Check out this article from TPM today about just why that is. Hint…it’s got as much to do with what you hear in the ad as what you see. They nailed it!

    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/07/one_for_the_history_books.php?ref=fpblg

  • mrbrink

    Oh, hell yeah.

    Bye bye, dickhead.

    • roxsteady

      Yes Mr. Brink! Stick a fork in Mitt! He’s DONE!

      • mrbrink

        Yeah, I think he’s about done.

        He should be hauled off in handcuffs for fraud and tax evasion, not running for president.

        I think this ad is exactly why none of the A-lister GOP cowards wanted to run against the best president in modern history, or run with Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney is a right wing experiment. Like a test dummy crashing into the 2012 wall over and over. He should just quit now because I can’t imagine the GOP convention is going to treat him kindly.

        • stacib23

          Obama is kicking the shit out of Romney.

          I absolutely agree with you on why none of the supposed A listers ran this year. Contrary to their rhetoric, they KNOW its all bullshit and not a single one of them wanted to face Obama on a nationally televised debate while he accurately defended his first term. That’s asking to be embarrassed, and Romney is expendable to the Republican party.

  • roxsteady

    The other thing that makes this ad so powerful is Mitt’s GOD AWFUL SINGING! It really grabs your attention. Say you’re in the kitchen and this commercial comes on. The first thing you think is, is this some loser auditioning for American Idol because he really sucks. You then come into the living room just in time to see exactly what it is and as you watch it you really get a sad and sinking feeling for all of those people who lost their jobs. It’s extremely powerful wheather you’re seeing it or just hearing the hollow, empty ringing of deserted factories and offices that were once filled with American workers. It’s over Mitt. Go on back to your homes!

    • mrbrink

      He Bangs, He Bangs!

    • Victor_the_Crab

      And the embarrassing thing about it is no one in the audience wanted to join Mitt in singing America the Beautiful. What does it say about Romney that nobody would join him in expressing a bit of patriotic pride?

  • Chernynkaya

    And the Romney response? “President Obama is dissing America by making fun of that song.” Really?? LOL, they got nuthin’.

    • roxsteady

      Speaking of making fun of that song. How about a little change in the word. Sing along to it with these words.

      America, America,
      Bain outsources on thee
      Mitt bought the place
      He’s a disgrace
      Now your jobs in New Delhi.

      My sister and I have had a bit of the wine and are now officially drunk. Don’t tell anyone!

      • agrazingmoose

        That is what I like about you roxteady. You are fairly consistent on what you do on weekends.

        And so am I. Cheers!

      • Victor_the_Crab

        I would like to join you both. I’ve already had a couple of beers, plus a mixture of spiced rum (46% alcohol) and root beer. I’m thinking of some cranberry and vodka next.

      • BenAu

        Maybe change the first line to “Amercia, Amercia” so it’s authentic Romney…

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Team Romney don’t get it, do they?

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Flawless Victory.

    • aynwrong13

      Or if your Mitt, what your hearing is ” ha ha ha ha ha YOU SUCK!!!”

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Travion-Phillips/100001079407492 Travion Phillips

    this ladies and gentlemen is called kickin’ ur opponent in the nuts….

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I prefer nut punch. Whatever works.

  • Treading_Water

    This is how you respond to an asinine jackanape who demands an apology for the truth while telling lies about you. More like this please.

  • KAboink

    With all the dark money raised by the right, we are truely witnessing a modern day David and Goliath. It’s become a battle against good and evil.
    Come on, at least you have to admit it’s a battle between bullets and bombs against healthcare for the citezenry.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      David killed Goliath. I see the same for Obama vs. the Big Red Machine.

  • agrazingmoose

    Flawless. I tip my hat to the Obama campaign.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “He’s the Problem.”

    Now I approve of that! :D

  • Lazarus Durden

    Holy shit. This is hammer shot to the chin. This may very well be one of the best campaign ads ever. Wow that’s just… devastating. Damn the Obama Team is good.