Because You’re Offended By My Racial Slur, America is Doomed

National Review columnist Jay Nordlinger published a column yesterday wherein he mocked conservatives who believe Ronald Reagan pandered to “wetbacks,” a slur used in reference to immigrants.

After the inevitable questions of why he used the racial slur “wetbecks” instead of simply “immigrants” reached his desk, he issued the following response.

Look: I am not a politician. I’m a writer. And if you don’t like what I write — for heaven’s sake, there are 8 billion others you can click on. I would further say to the complainers, using a phrase I’ve never liked, frankly: Get a life. Get a frickin’ life.

One more word: If people wet their pants on seeing the word “wetback,” this country is as far gone as the most pessimistic and alarmist people say it is.

Can’t a guy publish racial slurs free of the consequences anymore? What’s wrong with this country!? Leave the privileged, white, conservative columnists alone! They’ve suffered enough! Our American way of life is doomed!

The National Review is a sizable organization, and the white wisdom of a growing list of racially insensitive columnists cannot be attributed to the entire publication, but it’s becoming increasingly hard not to.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    I wish I could be paid to whine like a toddler in time-out (Nordlinger, not you!).

  • http://twitter.com/GreenEyedLilo Jayelle

    Yeah, well, I think I know who’s wearing the wet pants. (Actually, “wetback” has to go, but “wetpants” might be good for National Review writers!)

  • muselet

    William F. Buckley Jr. was more than slightly sympathetic to the Southern segregationists. John Derbyshire warned whites to stay away from concentrations of black people. Robert Weissberg addressed a white nationalist organization and outlined ways to keep white areas of the country white. Jay Nordlinger casually used an insulting—and dated—term for Mexican immigrants.

    I spy with my little eye something beginning with “R”.

    Why did he use a racial slur?

    Because he writes for the National Review.

  • mrbrink

    I’m sure this growth stunting racist puke fucker has some really worthwhile insights into foreign relations and domestic priorities. But where will he find a party that will have him?